We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Is there a car service that would pick up in Rome [ or Naples if need be] and stop in Herculaneum on the way to Positano. Then pick us up 3 days later, and stop in Pompeii on the way back to Rome. [ or Naples, we can take the train back to Rome]?

Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

we are going to be in Italy in late April and I hired someone who is a licensed driver and tour guide o take us from FCO to Positano and then pick us up 3 days later and take us from Positano to Popmpeii and then to Rome. He is also going to give us a tour of Rome. He will take you wherever you want to go. I have several friends who have use him. Let me know if you want his contact information and I ca send it to you.

Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

we are going to be in Italy in late April and I hired someone who is a licensed driver and tour guide o take us from FCO to Positano and then pick us up 3 days later and take us from Positano to Popmpeii and then to Rome. He is also going to give us a tour of Rome. He will take you wherever you want to go. I have several friends who have used him and thought he was excellent. Let me know if you want his contact information and I ca send it to you.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Yes, please. That sounds like what we may need.

Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

I just sent you a private message

5. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 12:20
UK
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Lorna - you need to delete your post and re-post without your e mail address. If not you will find all sorts of "interesting" folk emailing you! You do this by clicking on "Report inappropriate content" and choosing "Remove my post"

Other posters can contact you easily through TA's "personal message (PM)" system.

Edited: 19 March 2012, 13:17
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Thank you. I am new to this....appreciate the heads up

Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Travelling from Rome will be pretty pricey...take the train (Eurostar) from Rome to Naples. Benevento Limos will do exactly what you want. They are extremely professional.

9. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2012, 00:03
Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hiring a car that will stop at Pompeii/ Herculaneum

Thanks. I just sent them an e-mail. I contacted another service and asked about Rome to Positano. They quoted me 1400 Euros!