We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch with a view of Positano

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch with a view of Positano

We'll be taking a boat tour from Ischia. First stop is Amalfi for two hours where we will tour and thought we would have a late lunch when we get to Positano (stops there for two hours). I'll be with my mom who is 85 and don't want to climb the stairs, so want a place for lunch with a view of the town on the hill and water of course. Thanks for any suggestions.

Syracuse, New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

The restaurant at Villa Gabrisa (no steps) is quite nice and if you eat outside you will have a wonderful view of the sea. There are many nice cafe's along viale pasitea. However I see that you are coming in by boat so the best place on the beach is Chez Black (great pizza) the view is spectacular and absolutely no steps involved.

Have a wonderful trip.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Thanks thegigibun! I had been looking at Chez Black but didn't know if would be near where we get off the boat.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Hi, Chez Black is really close to the beach! I think it's the best solution if you don't want to stray too far from the shore.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

I've been to Positano on a day trip from Sorrento and ate at a place on beach, but don't remember the name. Just wondering if Chez Black has a view of the hill with all the buildings on it or if it's just a view of the beach/water.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Your description matches Chez Black. However, there is another restaurant on the beach, Le Tre Sorelle.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Just looked at my photos. The restaurant we had lunch at was L'Incanto. Is that anywhere near Chez Black or the boats where we would arrive??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Yes, L'Incanto is near Chez Black and the beach! Check it out on google maps!

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=ristorante+chez+black,+positano&daddr=Piazza+Flavio+Gioia&hl=en&sll=40.628315,14.48659&sspn=0.001105,0.002411&geocode=FWHwawIdZQ3dACEow4h4EkuwhA%3BFc7wawIdvwvdAA&t=h&gl=en&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=19&z=19

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

If you're *in* Positano *and* near the beach, the view will be of the sea and not of the town.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Yes, Zerlina, that's what I was thinking too, since having lunch at L'Incanto, I don't remember having that view and this time I want that view. So now back to square one. Which restaurant would have that view and how far away from the boats is it?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,005 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch with a view of Positano

Hotel Covo Dei Saraceni which is just a few steps from the boat has a terrace (restaurant) from which you can see some of the town and the sea, depending on your table.