We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A wonderful day in Positano area

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
A wonderful day in Positano area

Would appreciate thoughts on what is a wonderful day in Positano and the surrounding towns nearby..will be visiting in August 2012

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

That depends on your interests. Positano is lovely, walking around in the village, go to the beach, have a coffee, lunch...

Atlanta
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

It sound like one day in Positano?

You can do the beach, browse the shops, but many shops close during the day for many hours.

To get to the next town, like Amalfi, it takes sometime on the bus and even further to Ravello.

Frank

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

Frank..actually I will be in Positano for 3 1/2 days..so I figure one day in Capri and one day in Amalfi and Ravello and perhaps one day in Sorrento and walking around Positano..

your thoughts..

New York
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

You really aren't giving yourself time in Positano. Since you have such limited time and you're already planning 2 full day trips I would skip Sorrento.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
537 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

One thing we really enjoyed in Positano was taking a 2-hour excursion along the coast in a zodiac boat...the driver stopped in several places where we could take a swim, including in a cave. We also visited the Emerald Grotto.

Level Contributor
1,214 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

How did you book the zodiac boat? (is that a small boat? Private?). What was the general cost for something like that? Tx u

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
537 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

There are several companies right on the beach that offer various tours and excursions. Zodiacs are small inflatable boats. We booked a 2 hour trip along the coast, as far as Amalfi and back. Enjoyed it so much we did again the next day, in the other direction. It was private, the two of us and the driver plus a friend/assistant he was training, very nice. It was about $180.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

so would the majority of people suggest to skip Sorrento..and spend more time in Positano..the thing is we should arrive in Positano in the early afternoon..after driving down from Tuscany in the morning..what would someone suggest to do in Positano after checking in to the B and B in the early afternoon..again my thinking is to go to Amalfi and Revello the next day and visit Capri the day after..so that leaves me one more whole day..perhaps that should be used to further explore Positano..any ideas would be appreciated..thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

Maybe just relax in Positano and enjoy the beauty of the village/sea/beaches?

New York
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A wonderful day in Positano area

After travelling from Tuscany it might be nice to just have a leisurely lunch by the sea and explore Positano a bit.

For your last day as MomCat said you can just enjoy the area. That would be a nice day to take the boat trip. If you are into hiking there are some very beautiful hiking paths (Path of the Gods) above Positano. I haven't done them yet, but looks absolutely breathtaking in the photos and it is on my agenda for this June when I am there.

Perhaps the hike in the morning and boat in the afternoon?