We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Positano

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in Positano

Any suggestion for a very nice, romantic, quiet, excellent service, restaurant in Positano? Looking for nice view, price is not a problem, fresh veal, seafood?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Positano

Absolutely I would recommend Le Sirenuse. After getting the same advice from travelers here, I decided to go there, and I am so happy I did. It was the best service I have ever had in my life, hands down. They were so accommodating with everything, so nice, and attentive but not too attentive. The food was wonderful - almost as excellent as the service! Really, really good food. It also has an amazing view of Positano (though I was there in October so the sun had already set!). It is expensive, but definitely worth it. The only thing I will say is that it may not be the quietest place. It's not loud; it's just not super, super quiet.

Have fun wherever you end up going!

~brownstone8

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Positano

I agree - La Sponda at Le Sirenuse - if indeed, price is not an issue.

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Positano

Thanks for the quick response. Will be sure to make a reservation. We are staying at the San Pietro how far away is La Sponda at le Sirenuse?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Positano

Not sure of exact distance - the hotel's website likely gives info as to how long it is to Positano. I'm guessing about a 15 minute drive, but just not certain. You would take a taxi to and from.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Positano

Yes--about 15 minutes sounds right, maybe 20. Or take whatever google maps tells you and multiple by two (seriously). Your hotel is where I had drinks before dinner at Le Sirenuse, actually. It has a beautiful terrace that is perfect for drinks. You will have a great time!

I second the taxi idea. Finding Le Sirenuse was a bit difficult because it was dark and the drivers were driving like madmen. We ended up having to walk quite a bit from our parking place to dinner. (They had valet but we overshot it and couldn't back up on the one-way street.)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
963 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Positano

5 minute drive from Il San Pietro to La Sponda drop off (actual name of the bus stop) via ISP's shuttle. And then a 5 minute walk down to Le Sirenuse.

You do NOT need a taxi.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 12:54
indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Positano

You will have a wonderful time at La Sponda - make friends with Vincenzo Galani - il miglior maitre d' restorante a Positano! You will also discover that your hotel restaurant is pretty tasty as to views and to food. And if your timing is just right, in about a month, a heaping bowl of freshly picked figs await your ISP breakfast desires.

New York
Level Contributor
499 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Positano

I almost feel guilty mentioning our disappointment in La Sponda. My husband and I stayed at La Sirenuse for our 35th wedding anniversary and had a reservation to eat at La Sponda for our anniversary day. They gave us a nice table but service was kind of miss and hit and so was the meal. We both sent our meal back as the fish was a bit cool and slimey. All they did was take the plates back and heat it a bit more. Still didn't taste so good and nobody apoligized or anything. We never sent a meal back in our lives and we eat in a lot of nice resturants in NYC and when on vacation. I will say the breakfasts at La SIrenuse and the service was excellent in the mornings.

I didn't give a bad review on Tripadvisor as I always think you need to go to a restaurant more than once before really reviewing it.

Now I will recommend Ristorante Max in Positantao. We ate there twice for dinner and food and service was very good. You can sit inside or outside and both areas are very nice. Check it out in the Tripadvisors reviews.

9. Re: Restaurants in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:17