We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

I'm considering renting an apartment at Villa Fiorentino, however, I'm wondering about the location. My understanding is that it is way up on the top of the hill.

I plan to go to the beach everday so I'm wondering if I should just stay at hotel closer to the beach, which of course will not give me the same room as renting a villa.

If anyone has stayed and has any comments at all on their stay, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Positano
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

Well....it is not at the top of village but not even on the beach.

There is a rump of steps that will bring you directly from it to the pedestrian path to the beach.

I say that it will take from there to the beach maximum 15 minutes, but it is not bad because it is all the way downhill!

And you can always take a cab or the public bus to go up.

California
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

Lenox - I have not stayed there, but I have visited there and am renting the entire place out for my wedding! It is at the top, but the view is spectacular. There is a stairwell closeby so it's easy to get to the beach. The great thing about renting an apartment is that they have a kitchen so you can make your own breakfast and sit on your private terrace in the morning. Are you staying in the honeymoon suite which has a private pool? If you have any questions, give me your email and I can email you

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

Lenox-our family of 4 stayed at the Villa Fiorentino last March and we loved it!! We were in Apt. Conciglia (or Sonna Amore, depending on the website). The Fiorentino family are wonderful - very helpful and they make you feel so welcomed.

The Villa is at the top of Positano, if you ask me. I think it is quite a hike down to the beach, considering that we had 94 stairs to climb once we got back to the road in front of the villa. But, the views are fantastic from the terraces and there is so much room to spread out.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

Thanks for the comments.

Jenn, no we were looking at one of the smaller apartments, although we love the Honeymoon suite. It's looks amazing. You are going to have a wondeful wedding. If I had to do it all over again I would get married in Positano and stay in that suite. It can't get much more romantic. I wish you much joy and happiness.

Easton...
Level Contributor
11 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

I've been in contact with Domenico Fiorentino and I am also considering having my wedding there, Looks like jennifer8 has chosen it, any idea on the cost? We will be 10-16 people in all. my email is pradamary@hotmail.com if anyone has any info. thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at Villa Fiorentino in Positano?

Villa Fiorentino is fantastic - but yes, a bit of a hike to the very small beach down there. Suite Bellissima (the honeymoon suite with the private pool) is $4000/week - so I am not sure of the cost of the entire place, but that gives you somewhat of an idea.

the people that run the place are wonderful! very friendly - make sure and ask Doc for some of his homemade wine (that is great for sangria by the way - just throw some fruit and sugar in it )