We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

We have booked a trip to Positano later in the year and were wondering the best way to transfer from Naples Airport to Positano as we arrive early evening! Also on the return we have to pick up hire car from Naples Airport as this is the only place we can be assurred of receiving Sat Nav as we requested. Any tips appreciated. Also we have booked Villa La Tartana - does anyone have any recent feedback on its location etc.? Any other little gems you have come across? Would be keen to hear.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Basically you have 2 choices:

1) take a cab to the train station, train to Sorrento and then SITA bus to Positano

2) you can rent a driver. I chose Francesco Marrapese (www.francesmarrapese.com) $90 for a Mercedes minivan and he speaks excellent English

I chose #2 because after 12 hours in an airplane I just wanted to get there. True you will save almost $50 doing the first choice, but to me it was worth it to get there...

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

forgot to add that another advantage of a driver is they deliver you right to your door in Positano. If you go the bus route, they drop you off at the top of the hill in Positano and then you board the local bus which (hopefully) has a stop at your hotel/villa

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,560 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

There are taxis in Positano, often waiting at the SITA bus stops.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,560 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Oh car return at the Naples airport is tricky because the tiny little signs for rental car return are hard to spot.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,560 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

3) Take a direct bus from Naples airport to Sorrento, then SITA bus or taxi.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Hi BeagleM

Have just arrived back from Positano and highly recommend Johnnys Tour Service at 70 euros each way. See forum for Arriving in Positano, ChiTownSteve where I've given full details.

New York
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Just read someone's advice but he made a mistake it is not francesmarrapese but francesco.

Here the correct website

www.francescomarrapese.com

or www.francescomarrapese.com/contatti.htm

http://www.slowtrav.com/cl/detail.asp?l=1659

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Dear Beagle,

There are buses from the airport straight to Sorrento called Curreri, then from Sorrento you have to take a Sita bus to Positano.

Otherwise a cab, I think the hotel can arrange for you.

Villa La Tartana is my favourite accommodation in positano, it is in the pedestrian area of the village, one minute's walk from shops, beach , dock and restaurants.

Clean, friendy and helpful staff, especially Carmella!

Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

Dear Beagle,

We also will be traveling From Naples to Positano in August. I will book www.sorrentosilverstar.com without hesitation. I used this company last Summer, and they were very professional, and reliable. I actually used them for a transfer from Rome airport to Sorrento. They are wonderful, and you arrive to your hotel with comfort and ease.

Goodluck :D

10. Re: Getting from Naples to Positano and visa versa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2009, 06:16