We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

http://www.giovis.com/maps/deiA4o.pdf

Stunning hike! Plan to do it early morning before it gets too hot. Bring food, water and sunscreen. Start from Bomerano, end in Nocelle ( with a nice lunch) and then walk down the 1700 stairs to Positano, or take the bus.

Best thing we did on our trip:)

51 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

what is the difference between the lower and upper path - is one more strenuous... offers better views?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Hi,

The upper trail is a little more strenuous where the path is lost in the bushes and loose rocks and you need to look out for the markers regularly. Also there is no guard rail in long stretches. But it was not that difficult and elevation change is not significant. As mentioned in my review and my TR even my eight year old daughter could manage that.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g194863-d3…

The photo ops are definitely better and you can see people on the lower trail like gods looking down upon mere mortals.

These photos should give you a better idea about the hike and I suggest if you are reasonably fit then go for the upper trail.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjQyjv42

Enjoy.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Thx Supratik.... excellent photos.

From a photographic point of view... is it better to walk the path in the morning or the afternoon?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

You are welcome Chiefie. Glad to be of assistance.

The problem with morning is that mist from the sea is a regular occurrence and would make the panos hazy. But if you are lucky to have a mist free morning then that would be absolutely brilliant.

I was travelling from Sorrento ( with 2 kids in tow) so it was not possible for me to reach very early. Reached around 8-30-9 am. There was a bit of mist, but by 10 am it had burnt away.

Then the midday sun starts making it harsher and even with use of polarizing filter I struggled to get a crisp view of the cliff lines and the Med. But as I had a ferry to catch from Positano at 5 pm so couldn't wait too long for the sun to get lower. Most of the shots are midday shots, the time one should avoid !!

Even photoshop can't help very much with these shots :-)

I think shooting in late afternoon would give you much more pleasing photos and try to stay back if you don't need to worry about journey back to your accommodation.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Excellent advice, Supratik, thanks! Late afternoon it is, then.

I trust the Nocelle bus will still run...

Las Vegas, NV
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Thank you!!!!!!!! :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Very helpful. Thanks!

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
6,630 posts
867 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Thank you so much for the map! How could I possibly missed this old forum - our life would have been much easier having this map. There also very good hiking maps that you can buy at Sorrento train station ticket kiosk.

If you want to get some details on how to get to Bomerano from Sorento via Amalfi, you may want to check my review (we missed the Amalfi-Bomerano bus and waited for 2 hours to get on the next one).

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Enjoy the most beautiful and easy hike! I cannot wait to go back and do it again.

Valle Della Ferrieri from Amalfi and Ravello to Atrani hikes are also gorgeous. Highly recommend to go on both of them if you have time.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Noraatc - do you have any links about the Valley of the Fairies - try as I might I can't find a map or route. The Sunflower guide is out of print and impossible to get (at least here in Australia - even via Amazon).

I have a week in Positano later this year so hiking is a high priority but it's hard to find information. thanks!

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
6,630 posts
867 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle

Hi Kathy,

Here is what I found (you can download the map).

cartotrekking.com/en/ferriere-valley-natural…

I will also try to take a picture of the map that we got in Amalfi - there were a couple of very nice greeters who gave us a very basic printout. If I find this map, I will upload it to my review and update this forum thread. The hike is absolutely stunning and very easy.

Nora

Reply to: here is a map for the Path of the gods--Bomerano to Nocelle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted