We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Salerno

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
606 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Salerno

I've been trying to locate the updated ferry schedules to see if it makes sense for us to do a day trip over from Positano to Salerno. Do any locals or experts know if there are ferries that go back to Positano from Salerno any later in the day than 15:30? From what I'm seeing on the Cooperativa site, it won't really give me much time to spend the day in Salerno if we can't leave Positano until 10:00 and then need to be on the return ferry by 15:30....unless there are some companies that go that I cannot find.

If I do decide to go for the day - should I just try to walk around the historic center and maybe enjoy a nice lunch, or is there enough time to see the Castella as well?

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Salerno

That's the only ferry back of which I am aware. You could always take the SITA bus back though a bit of a hassle as you would end up in Amalfi and then have to get another bus to Positano (the one that goes to Sorrento).

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Salerno

For the ferry back, perhaps keep watching the Coop's site for updates?

I don't recollect having seen them before, but there are now a couple of later ones showing which would at least get you as far as Amalfi... for the bus mentioned above!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187780-i567-k66…

Depends though quite when you'll be here.....

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
606 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Salerno

Oh yes, I should have mentioned I will be there the first week of September. I will continue to watch the Ferry schedule and see if something later is added; otherwise, I don't think that ferry schedule, as it stands now, is worth my trip over. Taking the SITA bus is not an option for me....I get real quesy on those winding roads drive. Did it one time a few years ago between Positano and Amalfi and almost made me sick :)

Thanks for the assist.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Salerno

You can see the most important sites in Salerno (Cathedral, Lungomare) in two hours.

Edited: 21 June 2013, 14:12
Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
5. Re: Day Trip to Salerno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:18