We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SITA buses on Amalfi coast

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Centreville...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SITA buses on Amalfi coast

Can any one tell me how the bus tickets work as far as cost. I know you buy them at the tobacco stores but how do you know how much to buy them for. I read that it depends on the time it takes to the destination. Can you buy one ticket that will last a week or do you have to have a ticket for each trip? Also does any one know of the cost of the bus ride from Naples Airport to Positano? Thanks in advance for any bus tips. One more thing, is there enough room on the SITA buses for luggage?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,612 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: SITA buses on Amalfi coast

I validated it just once - with my first ride. I would double check though - I think if you validate it more than once, you won't be able to read the initial validation.

Someone here probably knows better - I just don't know. My other trips there I used the ferries and a car rental - and a few times, just a bus one way with one ticket. Now, I don't use them at all. Someone with more experience with them should be able to answer.

GAC in post#4 does state it is good for 24 hours after the validation. Just do not forget to do this - if you don't, fines are high.

UK
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SITA buses on Amalfi coast

You only need to validate any ticket once. However, the 24 hour and 3 days tickets require you to write your name and date of birth in the spaces provided on the back of the ticket. This is to help prevent you giving your ticket to someone else to use because they are not transferable.

13. Re: SITA buses on Amalfi coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18