We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married! Help!

Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married! Help!

Hello.

We are looking to get married here in May 2015, can anyone help me in where to start and a good company to use for legal stuff?

Any recommendations on reception venues?...

We have about 40 adults attending and possibly 10/12 children, we want a relaxed but fun reception so somewhere with music/DJ...

Also where is best to stay with children? Can you recommend hotels & villas...

Thank you

1. Re: Getting married! Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 15:18
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married! Help!

Hello,

Yes I'm hoping too, unless anyone can advise on a place similar?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,686 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married! Help!

There are many many threads on this on TA - put in "positano italy wedding" in the search box and the threads on this will come up - here's one recent one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194863-i286-k5990…

When doing the search - change the search criteria from "relevant" to "date" so you get the most recent discussions. This info on everything related to a wedding in Positano - makup, photographers, paperwork needed, venues for reception, transportation - everything - BE sure to read reviews of any vendors carefully and you will see that some vendors post comments in the threads - just something to be aware of, that there may be some vendors who attempt to solicit posters (not allowed by TA)

4. Re: Getting married! Help!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 15:16
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married! Help!

Hi! My husband and I got married in Positano in Aug 2012. We used an Italian travel agent based out of Virgina who came highly recommended, I don't know how we would have done it without her. Her attention to detail is ridiculous, our 3 week wedding/honeymoon couldn't have gone ANY smoother. We didn't have to think at all, it was all done for us, and she wasn't ridiculously expensive!!

Megan Sipes

www.theitalianconcierge.com/contact.php

She booked our tours, venue, officiant...everything!! We didn't make it legal in Italy because it was going to be too difficult, my husband is a lawyer and did a bunch of research and we decided the easiest thing for us was to get married in the court house right before we went (or you could when you return), we had a full ceremony there (it was just us 2, we didn't have guests).

We stayed at Hotel Marincanto in Positano and had our wedding on the terrace of the hotel. The view was to die for. We got married in Aug and all I have to say is IT WAS HOT:/ my husband actually got heat exhaustion:( Almost all hotels are on cliffs, so there are a TON of stairs at most of the hotels, the whole town is up and down, lots of stairs all over, so be prepared:)

Our Italian Photogrpaher: Michele Papalardo. He did an amazing job, just know his communication is a little slow and it took him 13 months to get everything back to us, but it was worth the wait. And he did drop my images in my "drop box" so I could see them a month after our wedding.

http://www.michelepappalardo.it/

I wouldn't trade a thing about our time in Positano (and all over Italy). If you have any more questions, please ask. I can also send you the link to our wedding if you wish:)

Best of luck!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Marincanto
Hotel Marincanto
1,240 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married! Help!

Congratulations on your wedding! I was going to recommend the Marincanto as well. We were there last summer for a week with 2 children and it was amazing. Beautiful hotel, views, grounds, delicious breakfasts, wonderfully refreshing pool, close enough to town to walk with kids but a bit away from the hustle and bustle....and all very family-friendly! I told my husband that someday I want one of our children to get married there! I cannot imagine a more perfect venue. Also, we did a family portrait session at the hotel and around Positano with the wonderful Gianni di Natale out of Ravello-- his photos are stunning and they bring us great joy every time we look at them (which is every day!) He even dropped off a CD with all of our photos prior to us departing Positano... a lovely man and very talented. http://www.giannidinatale.com/en/

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
7. Re: Getting married! Help!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18