We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Positano

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
9 posts
Save Topic
Bus to Positano

Are there multiple bus stops in Positano? If so, which is closer to the Positano Art Hotel Pasitea? Also, coming from Naples, when we arrive in Sorrento on the train, is the bus at the same location? Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Positano

There are two stops in Positano and you want to get off at the first one (coming from Sorrento) and just walk down the internal road (Viale Pasitea) for about 8 minutes to the hotel - easy walk to the hotel from that stop. Tell the driver that is the stop you want is the: Chiesa Nuova stop.

Yes, the bus is at the train station in Sorrento.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Positano

Here are the SITA bus schedules between Sorrento/Postiano/Amalfi for the winter 2013-2014 season:

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,149 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Positano

John D - can you afford 110 euros for a transfer? I would choose this option rather than the train/bus. The way I see it is this - I have travelled 16,000km (from Australia but you have also travelled far) and 110 euros - when you factor in the cost of our air travel - is really small. I was planning on the train/bus option two weeks ago when I was there but when I thought about the time (probably 4-5 hours) as opposed to just under one hour via private car and driver, the private option won.

I'm not a newbie to this area - but honestly to make it enjoyable, forget the train/bus - use either of these companies which I use - www.worldtours.it or Guemar travel - both are superb.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Positano

Hi

I agree after doing it the hard way, train to Naples, train to Sorrento and then stand on the bus to Positano for 1 hour just to save a few euros I would not recommend it to anyone. We use Positano Limousines who are based in Positano and because they have more than 1 car are very reliable. Some other companies only have 1 car, if your train or flight is delayed they may or may not be there to meet you if they have another booking.

Positano Limousines are always there and always on time, plus if they dont show up there is always someone in their office answering the phone. They have always charged me 100 euros, but I believe if the hotel books it for you then the cost may be more.

There are times to save some money and then there are times to spend the money and do it the easy way, arriving cool and comfortable right outside your hotel door and for a small tip, often having the limousine driver carry your bags up or down all the stairs to the hote room, if no one from the hotel is there to do it for you.

Any other questions please ask. Have just returned from our 5th trip to Positano. We usually stay 3 weeks or longer

Janderra

5. Re: Bus to Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16