We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover Positano tour

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Discover Positano tour

Hi, really keen to book in with Discover Positano walking tour, have emailed them 3 times in 3 days, with no response. Has anyone had similar issues, or am I just too impatient?

Private Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Zia Lucy
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours
Mandara Car Services
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
Benvenuto Limos & Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discover Positano tour

Have you checked your SPAM folder in your email program?

The season has just recently ended there - Maybe that has something to do with it and, for when are you trying to book? If it is for next season, this is very early to book.

They have a phone number - if you don't get an answer via email, why not give them a call?

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Discover Positano tour

I have checked my Junk folder, the booking is for November 28th 2013, so a few weeks away. I might have to call them, email is just easier-ta :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Discover Positano tour

Do you know that they are doing tours in the off season? Most all is closed by now -

If you don't book a tour somehow - don't fret; the area is so very easy to do on your own. I'm still not clear on what a such a tour would offer than you can't find on your own quickly.

In any case, have a good trip -

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Discover Positano tour

It would just be nice to have an expat local show us around, especially since it's my first trip O/S. It didn't indicate seasonal...oh well, thanks though :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,319 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Discover Positano tour

Well, if you are unable to book - your guidebook will be very useful for exploring the area.

www.amalficoastweb.com and www.positano.com are two sites that are decent supplements to your guidebook.

If the tour is just of Positano (well, and even if it is not) - the village is very very small (as they all are) and you really won't miss anything by going along on your own. The history (for me) is what fleshes out the area - and, again, your guidebook will (or should) provide that substantive background for you.

However you do it - it is beautiful and you cannot have a disappointing time (unless, of course, there is a storm and even then, sit in a restaurant with a view and enjoy a leisurely meal. I've done that plenty of times in stormy weather and it is a very comfortable and cozy feeling especially in the off season when few people are around).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discover Positano tour

We took the Discover Positano walking tour in October with Christine and loved it. She is a resident of Positano, is from Australia, has three children, tells about real life in the village, includes a meat and cheese tastting, familiarizes you with shopping and eating places you will want to return to on your own, and shares the history and lore of the area, I am kinda surprised she didn't return your messages ... was super prompt last month. I agree that you will be able to book after you arrive but I would keep trying to contact her.

Her husband has a terrific wine shop and offers a really informative wine tasting event at a nearby hotel. His family also owns a fine deli selling only local fare of great quality ... we bought sandwich fixings from them several times. Christine will fill you in on how to use the regional and city busses and the best ways ( bus, train, or boat) to see Pompeii, Capri, Naples, and other sites. We took the tour our first day and were glad we did ...the immediate area is small and easy to navigate but we liked the initial introduction that this tour offered.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discover Positano tour

The name of the shop that Christine's husband owns is Eudoteca Cuomo (blue and white ceramic tile sign above the door) and it is on the pedestrian walkway down to the beach (on the left side if you are heading to the beach). If you don't hear from her, you could just stop in the shop when you get there (assuming it isn't closed for the season, which is a possibility) and inquire about the tour. When we were there in June I stopped in to purchase a few things and her husband told me about the tour. He was quite pleased when I told him we had taken the tour previous June. :-)

Ciao Gogirl46 from a fellow Portlander!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discover Positano tour

Oh, just remembered that Christine may not be able to reply to your emails if you happen to be a Comcast customer. This problem also occurred with our Positano hotel manager (Residence Hotel Flavio Gioia): they could receive our emails but when they used "reply" to answer our requests we never received their returned response even though they both sent them. Let us know if this might be the case with your email address.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Discover Positano tour

Im in Australia, I don't think we have comcast...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discover Positano tour

I wanted to book her too. She said wait till December. Christine emailed me Jan1, 2014. She apologized but ihas moved to Australia. people unfortunitely change.

Sorry, Beatacat.