We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another accommodations suggestion!

usa
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
another accommodations suggestion!

I've been reading reviews to get a feel for what we want.

this will be for my husband and me, for late May 2014.

i like the idea of a few B&B's I've seen Colle dell'ara in the area of Montepurtuso, any comments?

Is this to remote? We're really fit so walking stairs is no big deal.

Also any opions on B&B Le Ghiande

Our budget is up to 200ish$ or less?

i just care about a great view, comfy clean rooms, with a a friendly environment and healthy breakfast options.

we would be happy in a hotel or apartment too( i know no breakfast in an apt.)

yes, broad requests

i have looked at Hotel Talamo Hotel Vittoria and Hotel Margherita?

I'm assuming in late May we won't spend much time at the beach or in a pool, but taking in the area and walking to the different towns.

thank you for any help to narrow down options

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another accommodations suggestion!

If you are staying for a week, I can highly recommend an apartment at www.villalesirene.com in Positano.

I would not choose to stay in Montepertuso as it is too remote. I would not want to have to rely on the bus every time I wanted to go back to my hotel room.

B&B Donna Rosa gets great reviews and is in a good location.

It is very feasible that you could have good enough weather for beach time in late May.

"We're really fit so walking stairs is no big deal." - just wait until you are dealing with the stairs of Positano. There are 257 steps to get to the apartment we usually rent, and it isn't even very high up the village.

usa
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another accommodations suggestion!

thank you, that was helpful!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another accommodations suggestion!

No problem! Positano is one of my favorite spots in all of Italy!

4. Re: another accommodations suggestion!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22