We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano

Parsippany, New...
1 post
Save Topic
SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano

Can we bring large suitcases on the SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano? Is there a luggage compartment in the bottom of the bus? We plan to take the bus on Saturday, May 10, 2014 about 5 PM. Thank you, from Cathy.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano

YES and YES

HINT: Line up immediately at the bus stop terminus in front of the Circumvesuviana train station in Sorrento. The bus will FILL UP VERY QUICKLY and passengers will be standing all the way to Positano. Let hubby place the suitcases in the underfloor hold while YOU jump on board and claim two seats (preferably on the right side facing the driver).

Map out the distance from the bus stop in Positano to your hotel or apartment!

Edited: 09 February 2014, 20:15
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,354 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano

There are two stops in Positano - find out which one is closest to your hotel (you can tell us here where your hotel is so we can let you know the closest stop) or just email and ask your hotel if they do not have clear directions on their website. You can then tell the driver which stop you need; I have been on them when they are so full that they will pass by stops in Positano (especially the second stop) if they can't take on any more people -

And, also, just in case you are not traveling with a "hubby" (as not all of us do), just quickly get the bags beneath the bus and have the other person (hubby, friend, whoever) save those two seats. Be prepared to be a bit aggressive without being obnoxious about it - stand your ground when the doors open as it becomes a free for all and people scramble to get on without regard to any line - just stand firm and don't let people past you before you get on.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano

I am also wondering how the SITA from Positano to Sorrento. How long does it take? Where is Positano does it pick up from? And I don't see a website where I can buy tickets ahead of time. Do I have to buy them the day-of?

Edited: 25 February 2014, 21:51
4. Re: SITA bus from Sorrento to Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:18