We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested town walk?

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested town walk?

I am wondering if anyone has a suggested walking route for someone that will be spending about 4 hours in Positano? I want to make sure I see the main and unique sights if possible. Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,036 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested town walk?

Walk down Viale Pasitea (can't miss it - it is the only road inside the village) to Piazza dei Mulini at which point you will head down through the pedestrian only portion of the village (about 15 walk down) to the beach/sea.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested town walk?

investigate taking the bus up to Nocelle and perhaps walk back to Posi....sensational view.

I note you seem keen on 4 hour walks....have you investigated doing the Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods),.....this is the best , most scenic of the shorter walks on the Costiera Amalfitana

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested town walk?

Thank you. The reason I mentioned 4 hours is that we are cruising along the coast with a stop in Positano and Almalfi the same day. So I am figuring on about 4 hours in each stop. Can I access the Path of the Gods from Positano? How long a walk is it?

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested town walk?

Maybe will not work....... But worth the consideration

Explanation

Need to get to Amalfi to get a bus to Boomerano then walk approx 4 to 5 hours along the "roof" of the Amalfi Coast.... Finishing at a town above Positano....Nocello

To me it is the best scenic cruisey walk in the Amalfi...... But with your rapid itinerary may not be possible

5. Re: Suggested town walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:21