We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

Need help with final hotel decision. Thank you.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

You don't give any information for people to go on.. why have you narrowed it down to these two hotels? They are in completely different locations.

If you are arriving in Positano by boat, for instance, the 'easier' option would be Buca di Bacco..

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

sorry. I found those to be available, reasonable price and decent reviews on TA. we will be flying to Naples then sorrento 2 nights and positano 3 nights, back to naples 2 nights and flyback. thanks for any suggestions.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

I have not stayed in either of them so the only insight I can give you is the locations..

Buca di Bacci is right down by the beach and so ideal if you are arriving by boat - a bit more difficult to reach if arriving by road.

Eden Roc is ideal if you are arriving in Positano by bus or car. It is in a more elevated position. If you find it on Google Earth, you will see it is set 'above' the Marincanto - so has similar views but is just a few more minutes' walk uphill from the Marincanto (about a 20 minute walk to the beach)

Hope this helps! (it's very difficult to imagine the lay-out of Positano when you have never been..)

Edited: 05 March 2014, 08:32
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

What about Eden Roc or Marimare? They are both priced similarly, but Eden Roc offers a pool.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

Have you read the reviews for both? That should help clarify some of your questions.

Miramare has a huge number of steps to walk down (and then up, of course) to reach it so if that is an issue, keep that in mind.

If the pool doesn't matter, then read reviews for what things do matter to you.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

we ended up staying at Buca di Bacco and had a wonderful time. love the location and being close to the beach, restaurants and the port for excursions. thank you everyone.

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

Hi Can I ask how you traveled from Naples to Positano? We are staying at Buca in September.

Thanks in advance!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

The best way to travel from Naples is to hire a private driver to meet you in Naples and drive you to your hotel.

Other options are train or bus from Naples to Sorrento, then SITA or Coast to Coast bus from Sorrento to Positano.

You could also train/bus from Naples to Sorrento, then get down to the harbor and take the ferry from Sorrento to Positano. Note, however, that there are only 2 ferries per day from Sorrento to Positano - one at 10:30 and one at 3:00.

I always hire a driver to take me from Naples to Positano - the 100 euro is worth it to me not to have to hassle with public transport.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

You will need to walk down through the pedestrian only part of the village to reach Buca (right by the beach) so if you take the bus/car service/taxi, you will be dropped off and then it is about a 10-15 minute walk to your hotel down the pathways and steps; if your luggage is cumbersome, you may want to ask your hotel to arrange a porter to meet you and take your bags to the hotel.

If you do choose to go first to Sorrento from Naples and then take the ferry over to Positano, you will be right near your hotel when you disembark at the dock.

10. Re: Positano hotel buca di bacco or Eden roc ?.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:15