We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenwich, London
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

Hiya,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have lunch at the hotel if you are not a guest? Also are non guests allowed to visit the bar? I have made a reservation for dinner but really would like to be seated outside so was thinking maybe lunch would be the better idea?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

Yes, you can - I've had dinner and lunches there and never stayed at the hotel. But, do check if you need reservations for lunch to sit outside in summer (if that is when you are going) - I've gone later in the season - like late September through mid-October and found I was able to just walk in but you should check if going in summer months.

It can get incredibly hot on the terrace; last time I was there probably around 2 or 3 in the afternoon in late September and I was broiling - sun was hitting it at that time and I would have liked to have been inside at that moment.

So, given how hot it gets in the area in summer, think about which you will like. When we had dinner, we went about 20 to 30 minutes pre-sunset time and had a great view to enjoy as the sun set and it became dark.

Greenwich, London
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

Thank you , Momkat, your reply is really informative. I should have mentioned we are going over the Easter Weekend. We arrive this Friday and come back on Tuesday!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

It shouldn't yet be too busy there as the season really has just begun but you never know anymore - I'd pop in when you get there at some point and ask them if you need to reserve for lunch -

Weather starting as of Sunday (as much as weather can be accurate) looks like 70 degrees then mid to high 60s earlier in that following week - again, weather forecasts are always iffy but you might luck out:

accuweather.com/en/…212430

Greenwich, London
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

Thanks for the information. :-) I will pop by when I arrive and ask.

Thanks again!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

Enjoy! It is stupidly expensive but worth the treat when there. The view is a real stunner.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
946 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

I've never reserved for lunch (August stays). Just walk in.

7. Re: Le Sirenuse -bar and lunch - non guests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16