We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano local bus

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Positano local bus

We will be staying in positano for a week my husband and I are in our sixties and I have a bad back Can we catch a local bus up and down positano

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano local bus

Sort of - but there is no road down to the beach/sea - that is a pedestrian only walk down steps and pathways to reach the sea.

The bus circulates on a loop around the one internal road (Viale Pasitea) and will end at Piazza dei Mulini from which you begin the walk down to the sea - about a 10-15 minute walk, depending on walking pace (sometimes slowed down by crowds on the narrow walkways).

Where are you staying? I might be able to let you know if you are near one of the stops for the little "interno" bus (orange, smaller than a regular size bus as the road is just one way road, rather narrow)

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano local bus

Thank you god the info. We are staying at Residence Alcione

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano local bus

I stayed there - loved it. If you are on the first floor (which is their second floor), then you should do fine with a bad back - not sure what floor you are on - quite a few steps if going up a few more floors but I am guessing you already know all this. It's a really sweet place in a great location.

The views from there are the iconic Positano views (not my photo page but someone who lives there):

https:/…240194169415355

You can see that the village is vertical, entirely so.

You are about five minutes walking from the beginning of the pedestrian only section leading down to the sea/beach (walk out of the Alcione and go to your right); you are (going in the opposite direction) about 5-8 minutes walk to the SITA bus if you decide to go to Amalfi and other spots on the coast.

You can catch, a few minutes away, the little internal bus if you want to go higher up in the village - which is nice; some nice restaurants and great views or just take that walk slowly.

Have a terrific trip!

Edited: 25 April 2014, 02:59
Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano local bus

Thank you so much for the advice. We will be on the first floor apartment. So are you saying that

To get to the beach there is no local bus that goes that far down? From the beach to Alcione residence

Is it a hard walk.

Thank you. Jan

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,572 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano local bus

Good you are the first (their second) floor - that is where I was and wanted to be given all the other climbing you do when there.

No - there are no vehicles whatsoever in Positano that go down to he beach/sea. It is all pedestrian walkways/stairs.

From Alcione, you will walk down the road a bit (about 5 minutes), go left and head down the stairs/walkway to reach the beach - again, it will take you anywhere from 15 - 20 minutes; take it slowly to make it easier for you if you have problems coming back up, there are some deep steps.

No - there is no bus from the Alcione or anywhere to the beach -

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
6. Re: Positano local bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15