We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Positano Amalfi Coast?

Los Angeles...
9 posts
Save Topic
October in Positano Amalfi Coast?

Looking at planning a trip for our ten year wedding anniversary which is in October this year but started researching weather ... any input on the averages in October for this area. If it will be too cold and rainy? Or can't eat al fresco because windy or cold? Do things shut down like boats to Capri? Is earlier in the month better - or should we perhaps plan for September??? Very concerned - want this to be a stellar celebration. Any advice is ever so appreciated.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Positano Amalfi Coast?

I have been to the AC in early October and the weather was generally fine, with a few days of light sprinkles. The ferries run until the end of October, but if the seas are rough they will be cancelled.

If you can move your trip to September, even late September, IMO you would have a better chance of great weather for dining al fresco.

www.wunderground.com for historical weather.

Los Angeles...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Positano Amalfi Coast?

Thank you! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Positano Amalfi Coast?

Last time I was there I spent 7 nights in positano in late Oct leaving on nov 1 and I had gorgeous weather with one full day of rain. But every season is different just as anywhere. Look up historical weather to get an idea but don't consider it to be what will happen this fall.

Except for that one day I ate every meal outside and when not out and about I enjoyed all the other time on my terrace ogling the views with wine, books and good snacks. I used to go each year at the end of sept which can have some pretty hot days still though.

I took a number of boats. All were running but who knows about the future. It is high season until Oct 31.

4. Re: October in Positano Amalfi Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16