We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Criuse - Capri vs Amalfi Coast

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset Criuse - Capri vs Amalfi Coast

Hello!

We are looking into two different sunset cruises. One is around Capri which encompasses what the typical 2-3 hour private boat tour offers, but at sunset, and the other is all around the Amalfi Coast and offers the following:

* The famous medieval town of Amalfi, in which the coast bears it’s name

* Conca dei Marini where we will see the Lover’s Natural Arc (true to the Italian lifestyle, it holds a legend of deep romance) and Sophia Loren’s villa hanging over a cliff high above

* Fjord of Furore, a turquoise lagoon tucked away in an inlet between cliffs and the sea

* The fishing village of Praiano, still virtually untouched throughout the centuries

* Positano, where the colourful villas and vegetation climb up the rocks…the view of Positano from the Sea is truly magnificent

* The private archipelago islands of Li Galli, sitting off the coast of Positano (It was through these islands that the myth of Ulysses and the song of the Sirens was born!

*Upon arrival at Li Galli Islands, you will see the red Italian sun setting behind the Island of Capri. From there we will leisurely head back along the coast, always with the option to stop and swim.

Does anyone have any input as to which would be a better choice?

Thanking you in advance!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
972 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Criuse - Capri vs Amalfi Coast

A rather poetic description of the Coast. I don't know if I could agree with the all the adjectives especially 'untouched' ! But I would prefer the Amalfi Coast trip as it gives you an inkling of the beauty of the Coast as it wizzes you around and Li Galli islands have beautiful water if you care for a dip.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Criuse - Capri vs Amalfi Coast

I agree with Rosa.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Criuse - Capri vs Amalfi Coast

Me too….

4. Re: Sunset Criuse - Capri vs Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17