We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking class in Positano

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking class in Positano

Hi everyone

I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a great cooking class in Positano? Anything more suitable for a solo traveller?

Thanks so much

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,936 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking class in Positano

Not sure any class is more or less suitable for a solo traveler but in any case, I do know that hotel Buca di Bacco has one: bucadibacco.it/cooking-class-album_en.html

This hotel is right down at the beach - I've not done this (or any cooking class in the area) but a few people have told me they liked it very much - you can read reviews of it here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g194863-d2…

The most well know and most expensive (stupidly expensive in my opinion) is Mama Agata up in Ravello - I'm including it because I'm sure someone else will if I don't - (I find the high price really outrageous for what it is but you may not find it so): http://www.mammaagata.com

Another one to look into: cooking-vacations.com/tour/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking class in Positano

Oh, wanted to add that you don't cook at Mama Agata - you are an observer - just wanted to clarify that.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking class in Positano

Thank you so much! I'll check out the Buca di Bacco one :) not liking the sound of mama agata, I want to be able to cook so thanks for letting me know about this.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking class in Positano

Buca di Bacco is a good choice. I did it with a friend last year and there were several solo travelers in the class. It ends with a great lunch (of the food you cooked) on the terrace overlooking the beach, complete with local wine.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking class in Positano

Thank you, looks like Buca di Bacco is the way to go!!

6. Re: Cooking class in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:16