We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

Thinking of booking the 99€ tour (Amalfi coast AND Capri, has anyone done that?) for June 22 - but after reading how could some of you have been in May, will it even be warm enough to swim in the sea/grottos/hang out on the boat? It's quite an investment, so I'd want it to be worth it ;)

Warm regards,

Mi

Private Day Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Zia Lucy
Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Mandara Car Services
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Benvenuto Limos & Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Day Trips
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,772 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

Should be fine; I never find it all that warm at any time (but then I'm sensitive to cold) but once in the water, I'm fine -

Is that tour for doing both in just one day? Personally, I think that's a terrible idea - far too much for just a day. I would choose one or the other and a tour is not needed for either.

Easy to reach Capri by jumping on a boat over from Naples or Sorrento (as well as Positano and Amalfi but I'm assuming you are not staying on the Amalfi Coast) - and once on the island, it is easy to get around on one's own - it is mostly pedestrian only: www.capri.net

And, if you are staying in Sorrento - I would take a ferry over to the Positano or Amalfi and mooch around from there.

http://www.coopsantandrea.com

Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

We (family of four with two now teens) swim all the time in June - four different Junes in the last seven years and found the water perfect every time. It is a wonderful area for sea swimming.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 14:05
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

Thank you for your kind and fast answers! Yes, I'm a "coldie", too, but if they kids think it's fine, I hope so will we :) Been checking the weather report and it hasn't been to hot yet, but then again, it's almost 3 weeks to go! We are actually staying in Positano (or close by, at Mamma Rosas), so lucky us :) It's just that we wanted to do both Capri AND the Amalfi Coast by boat and couldn't afford to do two tours - if want, I'll tell you how it was.

Warm regards,

Mi

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

*you want

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,772 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

Just take the boat over from Positano to Capri - the boat schedule is on www.capri.net

There is a ferry from Positano to Amalfi (the roads are a horrid mess of cars and gigantic buses so if you can avoid them, do so at all costs)

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

See www.coopsantandrea.com for the schedule for the ferry between Positano and Amalfi (and other towns). And MC is right - traffic is horrid that time of year.

7. Re: June 22- to cold to swim in the sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16