We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Rome Airport to Positano

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Rome Airport to Positano

Arrive Rome (Fiumicino) from Hong Kong transfer to Positano

I need to meet friends in positano. I know that there is a bus / shuttle service from Rome fiumicino airport to positano. Can someone help me navigate my way.

1. Where is shuttle service located at the airport?

2. I have one large suitcase and carry on bag / will shuttle accommodate this? Will the shuttle take me straight there (ie. no getting off and transferring to another bus)

3. What company is best for this journey? What company does this journey? Cost?

4. I'll be very tired and grumpy, so I'll need to factor this in.

5. Where is the bus station located in Positano?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

This is the only service I have read about that does this route; I know nothing about it personally. Before booking it, I suggest you do some searching for reviews.

positanoshuttle.com/rome-shuttle-select-page/

There is no bus station in Positano - there are two bus stops but I don't know where this service drops you - it may take you to your hotel if it is on the road and accessible (much of Positano is pedestrian only).

Maybe someone else will come along with some personal experience but it is relatively new as far as I understand; I do this trip every year or so and I always take the train from Rome to Naples and then get a car service to Positano; there are other public transportation options from Naples if private car from there is not in the budget. The fast train from Rome to Naples is only 70 minutes with another 1.5 hours on the road to Positano. It is not an easy place to reach for the most part.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 23:30
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

Review the Top Questions about Positano on the right side of this page - answers to many of your questions.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
84 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

MomCat, if we fly into FCO would we have to take a train into the Rome and then take the fast train to Naples or is there a train from the airport? We would hire a car service in Naples to take us to Positano so if you have someone to recommend that would be appreciated. We can get direct flights to and from Atlanta to Rome.

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

Yes, you first have to go into Rome; the options for doing so are under top question for Rome on the Rome forum; but, there is a direct, non-stop train called the Leonardo Express that costs 14 euros and takes about 31 minutes and runs every half hour - it is very easy to find the train at the airport - there are clear signs. It will take you to Roma Termini and then you would catch the train to Naples.

I have used (about 8 times) Guemar Travel (from Naples to Positano) - lovely, reliable car service - you can email them your inquiry: info@guemartravel.com

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187782-d1…

You will likely arrive in Positano about 4 hour from Rome (AFTER immigration control and your getting your bags - I mean from the time you actually leave the airport) -

Atlanta
Level Contributor
84 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

Thank you. Appreciate the help. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

I contacted the bus company: positanoshuttle.com/rome-shuttle-select-page/

There does seem to be a shuttle that goes from the arrival hall al Rome airport straight to Positano. Drops you off at your hotel. Hope this info helps others. Below is the response I got.

First of all thank you for contacting us. Once you book, we will send you all the details regarding the pickup, but for now I can tell you that usually the pickup is into the arrival area of your flight. The trip from Roma to Positano usually takes about 4h and a half.

Kind regards

Sabrina Fiorito

Direct Tourist Service S.r.l.

Via Casa Rosa 56 - Piano di Sorrento - 80063 (NA)

Tel: (+39) 081/808 70 92

info@dtservice.it - www.dtservice.it

www.positanoshuttle.com

www.sorrentoshuttle.com

www.amalfishuttle.com

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,854 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

Rachel, which hotel are you staying at in Positano? I don't mean to be sceptical but 'drops you off at your hotel' seems somewhat unlikely for the majority of Positano hotels..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

Yes, many hotels in Positano are not on a road and are reached only by walking - knowing where your hotel is located, we can give you some idea of whether the shuttle will get you close to your hotel or if you will need to factor in stairs, etc.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

I have changed my accommodation to Praino as i was not able to get accommodation in Positano. I emailed the company and they said that they could pick me up from arrivals and take me to the accommodation (cost of 180 euros). I'll be really tired when I arrive as I am travelling from Melbourne to Hong Kong, then to Rome. The exact address of the accommodation is:

Casa Aurora: Via Asciola, Praiano, Campania 84010, Italy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: From Rome Airport to Positano

I don't know Praiano well at all but if the location is on the road, you should be fine as to drop off.

If you remember - and want to - I hope you will write a brief report on how this shuttle service works out as I really can't yet find much on it and it would be nice to know how reliable they are -

Have fun! It is gorgeous there….(But, don't expect much on that drive from Rome to Naples - nothing much at all - it starts to get pretty near Sorrento on; maybe you can have a bit of a nap.)

Get answers to your questions about Positano
Recent Conversations