We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano to Procida by ferry

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Positano to Procida by ferry

Is there a ferry from Positano to Procida? Or what is the most direct way to get there, avoiding changing from bus to train to ferry for example. Thanks in advance.

ischia
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

Hello, there's not a direct ferry from positano to procida, you have to change in naples, by ferry...

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

It's very convoluted by sea - you'd have to go Positano-Sorrento-Naples-Procida and it would also be very expensive. To go just from Naples to Procida by ferry cost me 12 euro one way last October.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

Ok great thanks for your help. So a bus from Positano to Naples, and then a Ferry from Naples to Procida? Can you suggest a link to see bus times? And ferry times?

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

No you'd need a bus from Positano to Sorrento, then a train from Sorrento to Naples, then a taxi from Naples main station to the port, then the ferry. It's complex.

I don't have a current link for the SITA buses from Positano to Sorrento. The trains from Sorrento to Naples run every half hour. A taxi to the port is around 10 euro and you need to go to Porta di Massa for Procida.

Alternatively, you could take a connecting train to Pozzuoli and the ferry to Procida from there but it's six and one half dozen of the other really.

EDIT: What is your reason for going from Positano to Procida? Is it a day trip or are you staying there? If it's a day trip - forget it - too expensive and too many connections.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 02:12
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

Thanks for your help Kathy. I am boarding a 7 day cruise from Procida, and I will be in Positano the week prior to it, so I need to get from A to B - it just sounds like I am going to go vai C, D, E and F to get there haha.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 02:22
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

There is an alternative I just thought of - you could go by water from Positano-Capri-Ischia-Procida. Check out this site for ideas but it could take all day with connections.

www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe…

If time allows, I would stay on Procida overnight before the cruise. It is utterly beautiful, bewitching, stunning and blissfully free from mass tourism. I've never seen a place like it. So gorgeous.

Kathy

http://kathyw62.blogspot.com.au/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

Thanks Kathy et al. All words of wisdom are appreciated :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

I am wondering, couldn't one take a ferry or bus from Positano to Sorrento then ferry from Sorrento to Naples and ferry from Naples to Procida, even if it is the day before catching the cruise in Procida? Could this make any significant difference in travel time and cost?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

I have found a ferry from Positano to Ischia departing at 9am (arriving at 10:55am) www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe…

Then a ferry from Ischia to Procida at 10.35am (arriving at 11:05am) directferries.co.uk/ischia_procida_ferry.htm

but they overlap time wise!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Positano to Procida by ferry

My other option is

Positano to Capri 10am (arrives 10:50am) www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe…

Capri to Naples 11:35am (arrives 12:25pm) www.snav.it/index.php…

Naples to Procida 12:30pm (arrives 1:10) https:/…

cutting it fine time wise again...........

Get answers to your questions about Positano
Recent Conversations