We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Conca d oro Hotel from marina w/ luggage?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get to Conca d oro Hotel from marina w/ luggage?

After a two day stay on Capri, we are planning on taking the ferry from Capri to Positano with luggage second week of Sept. What would be the best way to get from the Marina where the ferry drops us off to the hotel Conca d oro? I don't think taxis go to to the Marina. So, would the best way be to carry the luggage to a place where we can get a taxi, if so where would that be? Or would it be best to arrange for a porter to meet us and carry our luggage up and walk up to the hotel? if so how much would that cost and how would it be arranged?

Thanks in advance.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Conca d oro Hotel from marina w/ luggage?

I would contact the hotel and ask them to arrange a porter to meet you on arrival. The area from the ferry landing up through a good bit of the village from there is pedestrian only on cobblestone paths.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Conca d oro Hotel from marina w/ luggage?

There is no "marina" in Positano; there is just a dock. It will be about a 20 minute walk from when you are dropped off the ferry (which is by the big beach) up through the pedestrian only part of the village to Piazza dei Mulini where you could grab a taxi which will take you along the one little main one way road, Viale Pasitea, to your hotel - price would probably be about 20-25 euros (taxis are very very expensive in the AC).

But, I would do as suggested above and have the hotel arrange the porter for you. You will still need to walk up through that part of the village and probably about another 10 plus minutes up along Viale Pasitea until you reach the hotel -

I'd guess about 10 euros a bag for the porter fee - not sure.

3. Re: Best way to get to Conca d oro Hotel from marina w/ luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:16