We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why go here

Hanover
Level Contributor
231 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
why go here

I am looking into going to Italy next year and I stumbled across this place, but was also thinking about going to Portofino. What would be a perk for picking here instead? What is there to do?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why go here

There are thousands of places to "stumble across" in Italy. Go to the cities/areas that interest YOU. There are no particular "perks" for any place in Italy; it depends on what you want to see.

Both areas are on the water, both are beautiful, etc. Positano is near places such as Capri, Pompeii, Amalfi, Ravello, etc.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why go here

Positano every time!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why go here

Why do you ask? I just stumbled on your post! I'm wondering if your just trying to be smart? Have you tried any internet searches? What would you like us to do? To tell you? Portofino is nice...is that good enough? What are you going to do? I really like Positano too! But maybe you should go to Portofino instead! Have you looked at any guide books lately. Perks? What kind of perk? Free breakfast at your hotel? There is more to do in Italy than in Hanover. Is this a joke? Your question/post is rather sophomoric. Unless of course you really think it can be addressed! In which case I apologize. I think?

4. Re: why go here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 01:20
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why go here

Given that the Laura M, the OP has numerous reasonable postings, and furthermore, is presumably German, I doubt it is a windup. Possibly not worth replying to, but probably well intentioned.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 07:13
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: why go here

I have an aversion of these sort of "asks" that don't bother with a "please" and "thank you" - Is that really too quaint to expect?

For the OP: Google is good a source -

7. Re: why go here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16