We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine and cheese snacks

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Wine and cheese snacks

We will be staying at Casa Cosenza next month. Does anyone know if there are any deli, wine store and bakery within walking distance. I want to pick-up some goodies after we check in. Is main shopping area far from this B&B

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine and cheese snacks

Everything is within walking distance in Positano. :-) From Casa Cosenza, if you walk UP the steps to Via Pasitea (which will require you to take a right on Via Gladiola, then up 70 more steps) there is a little shop called Latteria just across from Hotel Poseidon where you can buy wine, cheese, prosciutto, juice, fruits, veggies, etc.

Another option is to go DOWN the stairs and over to the little store near the base of the stairs leading up to the Duomo (on the left if you are facing up to the church). If you ask nicely and tell them where you are staying, they may deliver.

There is also a shop called Eudoteca Cuomo (ceramic tile sign above the door) that is on the pedestrian pathway that runs through town down to the beach, not too far up from Hotel Murat, on the left side, that has VERY good meats and cheeses.

There is also a VERY good wine shop on Via Pasitea, very near the Pharmacia, just up from Piazza dei Mulini (where you catch the bus). It is owned by the same family that owns Tre Sorelle restaurant (one of our favorites).

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine and cheese snacks

If you have a smart phone, I highly recommend the Amalfi Coast Travel Essentials app. It has most of the above information and tons more about Positano and the AC.

montreal
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine and cheese snacks

Thanks Engred!!!!. I will not have any phones with me. I am leaving everything behind lol lol

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine and cheese snacks

Good for you!! You will be able to manage just fine! If you need any other recs, just let me know!

5. Re: Wine and cheese snacks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16