We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Posting this information for any who might need it as I spent quite a bit of time looking for a place to do laundry in Positano.

There is a coin operated laundromat (in Italian it is a "Lavanderaia") right past Hotel Villa Franca and right across the street from the entrance to Hotel Il Gabbiano. The street is Vialle Pasitea...I don't recall the # but Hotel Il Gabbiano is at #310, so it will be close to that. It is called L'Arcobaleno Lavanderia.

It is clean and they are friendly, but fair warning it is not cheap. It was 6 EURO per load to wash or dry, so several loads will easily run you up to $30. We ended up washing only, then hang drying our clothes to save time and money.

19 replies to this topic
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,492 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Great information! Thanks for reporting back!

San Diego...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

The big secret in Positano regarding laundry that none of the hotels will tell about is Lavanderia Elisa. Lavanderia Elisa is a family business that does a lot of laundry for all the hotels, but they are also happy to do laundry for individuals. For a medium size bag of laundry, they charge only 15 euro. You can drop it off in the morning and they will deliver it back to your hotel in the evening for no additional fee. If you ask the hotel where it is they will tell you it is far - too far to walk and the taxi will cost 25 Euro -- crazy. It is walking distance from the east part of Positano, or you can take the IntraPositano bus for free that picks up every half hour at one of the yellow signs posted all around the village. Now if you try to use the bus on a rainy day in August at 5pm, you likely won't make it, but go in the morning before the crowds wake up and get going and this is a very easy and enjoyable errand -- nothing like getting clean clothes in the middle of a long vacation!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,492 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Great info! Do you have an address for Lavanderia Elisa?

Orange County...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Google shows the address at Via Guglielmo Marconi, 85.

There is also Lavanderia L'Arcobaleno at Via Pasitea, 249. If you are at the bottom of the village, take the Internal bus up and around onto the AC road then get off when it turns left to go back down into the village and walk downhill the rest of the way. Also 15 euro per medium load but remember to separate lights and darks otherwise they will be washed together and colors might run.

There is a 2nd location for L'Arcobaleno in Praiano at 88 Via Umberto.

Both locations also offer DIY machines.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,492 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Great information - thanks pnaj! The apartment I rent has a washer, so no need for me to haul my laundry. But this could be invaluable for other travelers!

San Diego...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Via Guglielmo Marconi, 85,

Phone: 089 875421

Note however that google maps location for this address is wrong.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Hooray!!! Will be in Positano the week after next with a lot of dirty clothes. This is just the information I needed. Thank you all for posting.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
620 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

This info is very helpful - thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Google maps definitely leads you on a bum steer for

Lavanderia Elisa. Best to ask the hotel where the location is- it's pretty high up from the bottom of the village. English isn't their forefront but I think they will arrange pick up as well as drop off for the laundry. We were charged 20 euro for a full load to be washed and dried and then 4 shirts ironed. It was better than the alternative of hotel laundry prices.

Edited: 17 July 2015, 17:15
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano

Google maps definitely leads you on a bum steer for the location of Lavanderia Elisa. Best to ask your hotel or a local for directions, it's located at the top of town quite high up. English isn't their forefront but I think they mentioned they do hotel pick up and definitely do drop off. Price was 20 euro for a full load washed and dried and 4 shirts ironed (15 euro without ironing). Better than the alternative of hotel prices and you save your time as there is no waiting for washing at coin operated facilities.

Reply to: Laundromat/Coin Operated Laundry in Positano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted