We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

nj
Level Contributor
322 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Hi, I will be in Positano in early September and will be staying at a hotel down on the beach. I would like to try to go to a few restaurants that are located higher in Positano so I may get a different view. Can anyone recommend a few restaurants which have both great food and provide more of the classic Positano view? Thanks

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

I like the view from Bruno, sitting at an outdoor table across the small road (Via Cristoforo Colombo) from the restaurant along the sidewalk. On my first visit, as I was enjoying a terrific lunch, I realized the lovely balcony down the way on the right was from a memorable scene in the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. Of course, I was smitten. Food is good, prices are good, and we enjoy the service as well.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Bar Bruno has the "classic Positano view" and pretty good food.

Lo Guaracino (on the pathway to Fornillo beach) has good food and a great view, but mainly of the sea, not town.

nj
Level Contributor
322 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Thanks for your help. Actually I am looking for a restaurant that is located somewhat up from the beach, maybe providing a view of the sea and town, with good food for dinner Recommendations are appreciated.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Bruno is up from the beach with a classic view down onto the village and sea and west toward the sunset. You can't get much better, especially in the evening when the lights come on. If I could paste a photo here I would but perhaps you could take a look at the photos on their page here on TA.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

"great food" is rather subjective. We ate dinner at Bar Bruno twice last year. First time it was OK, and the second time it was really disappointing. Plus you have the cars and buses going past you as you eat on the sidewalk...it is on the main transit street in Positano. It lived up to it's #55 out of 73 Positano restaurant ratings. Sorry...check it out:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g194863-Positano…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,138 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

I haven't had a good meal at Bruno - had two - that's enough for me to give a try.

Do go and have an wonderfully overpriced drink at the bar/terrace at Le Sirenuse - the classic of all classics of that particular view -

nj
Level Contributor
322 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Thanks. So if we go to Le Sirenuse for a drink is there a good restaurant that we could walk to that would still be very good but just not quite as expensive as Le Sirenuse for a special dinner? Or other restaurants with almost as good a view and good food but somewhat less expensive ? Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,706 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Cafe Positano on the 'other side' from Bruno also has gorgeous views. I've had great breakfast there but can't comment on their other dishes.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

Yes, it's true, the food at Bruno has gone downhill since my first visit, but the view and even the scooters and buses zooming past just add to the experience for me…must be due to that first visit, when we took refuge under an umbrella as a thunderstorm was quieting down, that was so memorable. The entire package is fun for me, maybe not for someone else. 16 euro Belliinis at Le Sireneuse are fun too, but the service is very stiff and the place can be full of people who talk and act too loud for my taste.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants with a clissic Positano view and great food

How about this one? A little higher up the road from Le Sirenuse and Bar Bruno

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g194863-…

Edited: 07 August 2014, 23:06