We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks at La Sirenuse or Dinner La Sponda?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks at La Sirenuse or Dinner La Sponda?

We are staying at the Hotel Buca di Bacco in Positano in September

We have one friend who told us we should get a dink at La Sirenuse for the view - then to go elsewhere to eat. Another told us that we must eat at La Sponda.

We are willing to have an over the top meal - as long as its fabulous.

So - should we dine at La Sponda?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
996 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks at La Sirenuse or Dinner La Sponda?

Yes.

But if you want an even better meal and don't mind a 40 min drive then head to Don Alfonso.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,193 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks at La Sirenuse or Dinner La Sponda?

We had daytime drinks at La Sireneuse, May, 2014. It was fine, but a bit cramped (elbow room, not crowds in the daytime) on the terrace. Non-hotel guests had to drink at certain tables away from the tiny pool, where every chaise was taken. Service was a bit slow. The view is good, but I just don't find Positano magical like many other posters do. The hotel itself is beautiful, but I liked the massive Ambasciatori in Sorrento better, where we were staying. I mean, a boutique hotel can be nice, but Real Estate is precious in Positano.

3. Re: Drinks at La Sirenuse or Dinner La Sponda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 07:16