We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
955 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

Hi everyone,

I will be going to Positano, Capri and Rome in June, 2015.

Flying into Naples. Staying in Positano for 5 nights and Capri for 2 nights. Which area does it makes sense to go to first? Should I head straight over to Capri or stay in Positano first and then go over to Capri? I am then going to Rome for 3 nights.

Do you know how long the ride is from Positano to Rome? I am thinking of hiring a driver.

Thank you so much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

Doesn't matter which you go to first.

The drive Positano to Rome will take roughly 4 hours, boring drive and the cost will be around 400 euros - a lot of money for something that is much more pleasant to do via the train from Naples to Rome (only 70 minutes on the fast train) or from Salerno - You will be there when the ferries are running between Positano and Salerno - I would use that ferry and then get the train back to Salerno.

Of you can take a private car (probably around 110 plus euros) Positano to Naples and then train to Rome.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
955 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

MomCat1992, Thank you so much for that info. I will definitely take the train to Rome. Much faster and much cheaper!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

To echo MC, the train is really your best option. Not that it matters, but I would start with Capri, simply because it is easier to get to Capri than Positano from Naples (direct ferry vs. 1.5 hour drive), and you can easily catch the ferry from Positano to Salerno and then the train from Salerno to Rome.

But don't worry - whatever you choose you will have a great trip!

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
955 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

Engred, thank you so much!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

No problem!

6. Re: please help me with my itinerary to Positano, Capri, Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17