We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrating Anniversary

Which Praiano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrating Anniversary

Because we are celebrating our anniversary with this trip, my husband would like us to have a certain degree of privacy. Would the Hotel Le Fioriere provide this or should we look at villas a little bit off the beaten path?

We plan on day tripping to Amalfi, Positano, etc. If you had five dinners to plan in the area, where would they be?

My husband's thinking privacy and I'm thinking food.....

Boothbay, Maine
Level Contributor
72 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

I've stayed at Le Fioriere and it is a lovely hotel, very centrally located in Praiano (on the main road), and therfore not private. Renting a villa would be my choice for privacy. I've rented through summerinitaly.com several times (and in Praiano)and they offer dozens of properties that would provide you w/ privacy...and grand views w/ many!

and for food:

La Brace in Praiano

Lo Guarricino in Positano

Donna Rosa in Montepertuso

da Tonino in Capri

Cumpa Cosimo in Ravello

There are so many more! These are restaurants that are more "local" which I happen to prefer.

Buon Viaggio!

JILL

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

The issue with the villas is that you have to stay for a week and the Amalfi coast is just one of our stops. Is this true in all case or do you know of villas that can be sured for 4-5 nights?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,523 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

Most villas require a week’s stay, so that may be a problem for you.

Consider the very romantic Casa Angelina in Praiano!

http://www.casangelina.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194867-d571498…

Buon Anno!

Vagabonda

Boothbay, Maine
Level Contributor
72 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

You can stay for less than a week, but rates are still weekly. In some cases though (depending on the the hotel you choose) the cost might be less and the rewards greater.

Check out Praiano's website www.praiano.org and look at hotel listings. Many have their own websites and you can do a rate comparison.

Some that I think might be of interest are: HOTEL VILLA BELLAVISTA,MARGHERITA or LE SIRENE.

You will love Praiano!

JILL

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

Thanks Vagabond-a little out of our price range.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

Thanks for your restaurant suggestions Jill and your hotel leads. I'll do some more looking and will perhaps have more questions.

7. Re: Celebrating Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:18