We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks too long?

derbyshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks too long?

is a 2 week stay in praiano too long? or not long enough? what is there to see locally

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks too long?

You have all the towns along the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento coast to visit. Ravello and Amalfi are nice places to visit. Positano, and Sorrento are also easily reachable. You could spend a day or two on Capri while on the coast too.

Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Vesuvius, are extremely interesting places that are an hour's bus ride and a 20 minute train ride away. Those areas could easily require two days to see well.

Heading further south you could visit Paestum with some excellent ruins to visit.

The best part of the coast to us is to sit and relax on a patio and enjoy the scenery and the sun. Walks around Praiano, down to the beach, to some of the shops, etc., are always interesting. We swim quite a bit also while there.

Praiano is our last stop on our Italian itinerary on every trip we make. We call it our "vacation from our vacation."

italybound@verizon.net

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Boothbay, Maine
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks too long?

2 weeks is a perfect way to feel immersed in "Italian Life." Jerryott's suggestions would be mine. We have spend 2 2-week vacations in the last 2 years and can't wait for the next!

derbyshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks too long?

thanks for the detailed reply-found it really useful

Arezzo, Italy
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks too long?

Dear lady34.....Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, & Ditto.

Praiano is a wonderful location and the people are life-long friends. I too end all my Italy vacations for at least a week in Praiano (and it's never long enough). I would live there. It is truly Italian life!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,695 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks too long?

ditto too...2 weeks is perfect for exploring this region and Praiano is a fab base/ location to stay.

6. Re: 2 weeks too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 03:15