We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praiano for 4 nights. Help with planning?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Praiano for 4 nights. Help with planning?

Hello,

My husband and I (recently married, in our 30s) are doing a whirlwind tour or Germany, Austria, and Italy, and after Germany and Austria, we will be first in Venice for 2 nights, then in Rome for 2 nights, and then have to take public transport to the Amalfi coast. I have finally decided Praiano is the place for us, as it's quiet but accessible to restuarants, great sea views, beach etc. Is it worth it only for 4 nights? We will be leaving Rome and taking public transport. How long will it take us to get there? Should we take the Train to Palermo and then the bus from there? This is sort of a once in a life time trip, so I thought we should do the Amalfi Coast. After Amalfi, we head to a country house in Tuscany for 5 nights before coming back to the USA. Anyhow, thinking of either

1) Hotel Margherita

2) Le fioriere

3)Costa Diva Locanda

Help please! Thank you!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praiano for 4 nights. Help with planning?

The fast train from Rome to Naples is close to 2 hrs, in Napoli Centrale go downstairs to the Circumvesuvia Train Station to Sorrento (maybe 1 hr), from there the SITA bus to Priano. Personally, I use a private driver from Napoli Centrale to my hotel in Sorrento (they'll also take you to Praiano (around 100 Euro).

After Amalfi you are then going back north to Tuscany? If you have a driver take you from Praiano to Naples Centrale Train Station, thats close to 1.5 hrs, 2 hrs back to Rome and to Florence 1.5 hrs. While you are north, can you do your Tuscany intinerary then go south and fly back to USA via Naples?

Use the search bar above the posts for the 3 hotels.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,252 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Praiano for 4 nights. Help with planning?

We end all of our trips to Italy in Praiano. We've been there 5 times and love it. Having done the Circumvesuviana/bus trip twice, we now use a private driver that meets us in Napoli Centrale and drives us to the front door of our hotel in Praiano for about 110 Euros. Easy, safe, comfortable, and you can enjoy the fabulous scenery along the coast on your drive to your hotel.

I can't tell you about the other hotels, but I can certainly recommend the Hotel Margherita having stayed there in 2007 and 2009. Great place, wonderful food, and incredible service. They also have a pool and the price is right. You'll love it.

italybound@verizon.net

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praiano for 4 nights. Help with planning?

Thank you for your help! We have booked Hotel Margherita, a private driver, and decided to end our trip in Praiano, taking a plane from Naples to Frankfurt! I appreciate your help!

4. Re: Praiano for 4 nights. Help with planning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:19