We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Praiano.....

Which Praiano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fergus, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Praiano.....

My husband and I have rented Villa Frescura aka Casa Ninetta and Casa Ida (depending on who you lease the property through) for two weeks in September. We are going with another couple and none of us have ever been to Praiano or the Amalfi Coast. Actually we did stop in Naples for a day on a cruise, but that doesn't count.

I would appreciate any info/suggestions/recommendations etc. we could get regarding dining and shopping in Praiano. Also info on excursions from Praiano to Pompeii and Capri.

Also, I would like to know what the town bus is like, schedules, reliability etc.

Thanks

Judy

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Praiano.....

Wow, looks fabulous. I checked the website which mentions the red bus that runs Praiano-Positano. Otherwise you are tied to the blue SITA buses to Amalfi or Sorrento. There are of course fixed times, BUT, traffic is very slow going, the buses are almost always late, and often full. The whole of Praiano is strung out along the Amalfi Coast Road, and quite a walk. One good thing is that there is a wonderful day trip to Capri from there. They pick you up and take you to the pier. About 100 euros each. Best go into a local hotel, and book it through them. For Amalfi, likely your best bet is a taxi. It isn't very far.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 20:16
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,534 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Praiano.....

Or take the bus over to Positano and catch the much much cheaper boat over to Capri (leaves from both Positano and Amalfi) - the schedules aren't up yet but will be probably in a few weeks:

www.capri.net

My guidebook has a decent section on Praiano but since it is so small, there's not much in the book on it - you could look over www.positano.com www.amalficoastweb.com

This is on TA (here): tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g194867-Praiano_Amal…

http://www.summerinitaly.com/guide/praiano

http://wikitravel.org/en/Praiano

Most of above through the wonder of google.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,204 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Praiano.....

There's not much shopping in Praiano; it's small and doesn't have the big crowds. Go to Positano, Amalfi, and Capri, for shopping.

There are several good restaurants in Praiano. A trip to Ravello is always fun and there are several good restaurants there along with shopping.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Praiano.....

If you look in the Positano or Amalfi coast forums as opposed to Praiano forum, you will find lots of discussion about Praiano as well as much local info about buses, restaurants, beaches and outings.

Fergus, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Praiano.....

Thanks, we are all very excited about the trip.

6. Re: Questions about Praiano.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17