We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

Hi there,

We are travelling to Italy in September and visiting the almafi coast,Lake Garda and Cinque terre.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced afternoon cooking class that my boyfriend and I could do near one of these areas? We ideally just wanted to do a morning or afternoon. We will have a car so can drive if we need to.

Any suggestions welcome.

United States
Level Contributor
309 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

Hotel Bucca di Baco in Positano has a 2 hour cooking class by reservation daily between 3:30-5:30. Mama Agata is Ravello is a longer class, can't remember exactly how long but I want to say 4+ hours and it is quite pricey. I think I saw a class offered at one of the Praiano hotels too but I can't remember which one. Might have been Open Gate, Onda Verde or Tramonto d'Oro.

If you're staying in Praiano obviously a class in Praiano would be easiest to get to & walking the easiest mode. Otherwise take the little Flavio Gioia local bus to Bucca di Baco, it's near the main beach & pedestrian only so a car will be no use. Not sure about the parking situation in Ravello but it's harder to get to so a car might be the way to go.

FWIW, I am taking the Bucca di Baco class in October & they have been extremely pleasant to correspond with and the class has great reviews.

Hope this helps!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

I took the Buca di Bacco course last year and really enjoyed it - and we had a great meal with all the dishes we cooked at the end of the class, including wine.

If you are not staying in Positano, I would not suggest driving there. Parking is scarce and expensive. Take the ferry whenever possible.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,954 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

Mama Agata also is NOT hands on, in case that is what you are seeking; it is one where you watch the food being prepared and cooked and then eat after.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

Hi, this place offers one-day classes and it's near the village of Albisano on the hillside above Torri del Benaco on Lake Garda:

www.legemmediartemisia.it/en/eventi/index.php

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

Great! Going to try Hotel Buca! Thanks again.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

Have a great time!

7. Re: Afternoon Cooking Class Almafi, Lake Garda or Monterosso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16