We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
855 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

How long will it take us to drive from Ravello to Rome? What routes would we take for the most scenic drive? If I have a car, can I take it to Ravello hotels? I see some advertise free parking or state that parking is available. How would I get back to the hotel in Rome for the night?

Want to stay somewhere pretty. Should I stay there or in Almalfi for that one night?

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
6 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
8,818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

you can see driving times, tolls and panoramic/fast routes on www.viamichelin.com

Driving in the area isn't for everybody, but out of season the traffic slows down a little and it's easier.

Bear in mind that there can be a ZTL zone in any italian settlement, ask your hotel what to do before arriving. That includes Rome where only a few hotels admit they are in a ZTL and get the permits from the city.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 09:57
Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
2. Re: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 September 2017, 05:06

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,044 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

When leaving Ravello there's a beautiful route heading north over the pass but it's no fun on a cloudy or foggy day, so make that a game day call.

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
855 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

if I am staying at a hotel, do I walk to the hotel with my luggage? We are considering to stay at the Hotel Caruso. Can you estimate how long the walk will take if I am a slow walker to get to the hotel? Also, do you know if that hotel has parking? I noticed that some include parking, I think. Are there activities to engage in around the hotel? If not, can you suggest another hotel in Ravello that is more centrally located and that I might be able to get to easier than the Caruso.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Caruso
Hotel Caruso
131 Reviews
Massa Lubrense, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

If you are just coming for the night, and going back to Rome, why bother with the car? Train/taxi/ferry combo would be easier.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,044 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.

It would be easiest to e-mail the hotel and ask them. Surely a luxury hotel has something in place to take care of their guests, just ask them.

Reply to: Driving a car from Ravello to Rome during the week on a Wed.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted