We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anything in the middle?

England
6 posts
Save Topic
Is there anything in the middle?

Hello everyone, I will be attending a wedding in Ravello in May. Myself and my boyfriend are looking for help with the following two queries -

1 - I have been looking on the forum to help me find a suitable hotel or villa to stay in whilst at Ravello. There seems to be either really expensive 5 star hotels that my poor wallet cannot strech to, or more homely looking bed and breakfasts and villas that look a little rough around the edges. Now I know this may be the character of the place, I dont mean to offend, I just was looking for something with a bit of luxury but for around £100 - £150 a night, does such a place exist?

2) Is there enough to do in Ravello for 7 days or would it be best to divide the trip in two and head somewhere else after 3-4 days? Thanks in advance.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

Instead of looking in the forum, put >ravello hotels< into the search box on the left. The best-rated hotel in Ravello is in your price range.

Three days are more than ample; there is almost nothing to do in Ravello.

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

I stayed in Ravello for a week last year – and found plenty of things to do. It was nice to go exploring the Amalfi coast and then come back to Ravello in the evenings where there is a huge choice of restaurants.

We caught the bus to Amalfi, caught the boat to Capri and Positano and had time to visit Pompei.

We also found a few days to relax by the pool.

Buses are really cheap, easy and an adventure to take. They also run very late into the night.

Accommodation wise – we actually booked an apartment for the week, with a pool. La Casarella through Thomsons. Which was very reasonable, clean and great location.

But I am getting married in Ravello next year and have chosen to stay in Villa Maria. Which is the budget you have per night and for that price, quite luxurious in my view.

They have their own website – so check it out.

You can use their sister hotel's pool to relax in – Hotel Giordano. Which is also very nice too.

There is also Hotel Bonadies, and Hotel Parsifal which I have seen too and they both look very reasonable.

I might be a bit biased having fallen in love with Ravello, but it is a magical place to stay and I found the other towns a lot more touristy and busy.

Hope this helps and email me if you have any other questions.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

Check out the TA reviews for Hotels in Ravello.Take a look at the Hotel Giordano,Hotel Parsifal or Hotel Garden and Hotel Toro.

Also take a look at WWW.ravello.it/aziendaturismo

Ravello is a geat place to chill out for a few days but in terms of transport it is a little isolated

4. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2008, 15:23
devon UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

I am very biased of course as I got married in Ravello and thought it was the most magical place.

We stayed for a week the week of the wedding and when we went out before and found a lot to do.

As well as all the gardens etc in Ravello there is also the walk down to Maori - over 4 hundred steps (there is a bus as well). We also did pompeii capri amalfi positano - honest you will love it. We even caught the boat to Sorrento. The thing about Ravello is to escape the loud touristy villages in the evening and come back to the peace and tranquiity of Ravello.

We (or friends) have stayed at Hotel giordana, Hotel Villa Maria, Hotel Bonadies and Hotel Parsifal - all were lovely.

Enjoy but my husband says beware we went to Ravello and decided to come back and get married !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

We stayed many years ago with our two young children at the Hotel Parsifal and can heartily recommend it for value and position. We were there ten days and never ran out of things to see and do. That said we did have a car so cannot speak for anyone relying on public transport.

If you are looking for somewhere else to stay nearby to divide your time, how about this low cost option at Praiano, on the beach, where we've stayed a few times:

http://www.laconchigliapraiano.it/

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

Holy cow. Nothing to do in Ravello?

How about: slow down, relax, enjoy beautiful scenery, eat great food, explore the wonderful Amalfi Coast (hike, boat, drive, bike, ...), unwind from a hectic tour of the "museum cities" - and I'm just tapping the surface. The classic architecture of the town, and the churches in particular, is fascinating - something you can absorb either by osmosis, or very deliberately. The music in the late spring, summer, and early fall makes it a magical place in the evenings.

My wife and I dream about retiring there (in many years). There's plenty to do for 7 days.

Unless, of course, you're looking for a "smoking" youth scene, clubs/discos, high end shopping, and the like. Only in this case could I understand "there is nothing to do in Ravello".

8. Re: Is there anything in the middle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 13:16