We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE SHIPPING TO CANADA

MISLEAD ABOUT SHIPPING COSTS - 170E FOR A SMALL BOX!!!

WHEN TOLD WOULD BE 30E

REVIEW: great wine store in Ravello, Italy, called Wine and Drugs. They have absolutely the best Italian wines and olive oils and vinegars (they're the "drugs" part) and it's down a tiny alley in Ravello (as long as you take product with you when you leave store!)

Beware - placed an order for wine, olive oil and balsamic - paid for product on our visa card and was told shipping would be approximately 30e to Canada (quote from store manager - We ship to Canada all the time, very inexpensive). Trusting Canadians that we are, came home from Italy a week later and inquired on the phone when the shipment would arrive - shipment had not left store yet, not even packed! so we inquired when and confirmed shipping costs - when we were told 170e, we immediately cancelled the o

rder. No problem said the store manager and advised he would credit our visa card. Well the next five months were hell. The store put through false charges on our visa card and then lied to visa saying we received the products that they were shipped!! Store also said we did not cancel order!! Unbelievable

Beware if you purchase products and ask that they be shipped home for your!!!!

WINE AND DRUGS RAVELLO ITALY

BAD BAB BAD

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,409 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

If your bank seriously challenged the shop re: the charges, I would think they would have wanted evidence that the products were shipped as the store claimed they were. The store would have records of the shipping/packing slips.

Sounds like your bank or someone here did not do a good follow through.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

good point so let me clarify - the store, without advising us, used a third party to ship the goods - "mailboxes etc". Store then apparently produced documentation that they gave goods to "mailboxes etc" (after advising me that the goods were not even packed!) - hence the comment "we shipped the goods to you". Bottom line, store has great products but TAKE THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE. my husband and I travel globally many times a year and have never experienced such a farce when it came to having a product shipped home. A little honesty from the store regarding their "third party shipping policies" would have gone a long way!!! CIBC Visa handled this dispute and although it took 5 months, was finally resolved. Needless to say we are without some good products for this holiday season!!

nyc
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

Ravello Wine And Drugs are as corrupt as it gets. I have been going to Ravello for over ten years and have developed great friendships with many locals. This shop is a disgrace to Ravello. They take advantage of tourists all of the time. DO NOT BUY HERE! their prices are double if not triple than prices online or even down the road in the town of Amalfi.

nyc
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

Ravello Wine And Drugs are as corrupt as it gets. I have been going to Ravello for over ten years and have developed great friendships with many locals. This shop is a disgrace to Ravello. They take advantage of tourists all of the time. DO NOT BUY HERE! their prices are double if not triple than prices online or even down the road in the town of Amalfi.

Cheltenham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

I can join the club of victims of Wine & Drugs, Ravello. Although I feel sheepish as I at least received my wine, the shipping costs were triple - 60 euros instead of 20 euros - as promised. Can not complain about the quality of the wine, but possibly over-priced as well. Is there not a chamber of commerce or merchants group in Ravello who can warn people about this shop? The comments only came to light after the fact - how can one know beforehand that you are even going to go into a shop in a town you have not been to before. I guess they are counting on people not coming back..

ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

Totally agree. Purchased a bottle of wine in May this year. Have now discovered we paid four times the price. What really angers me is that the owner knew that it was bought to toast my husband's father who had just passed. His lack of integrity is disturbing. I will certainly be checking about a Chamber of Commerce in Ravello to report this to.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

I can understand how you feel

The owners of Wine & Drugs should be ashamed -

Cheltenham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

Update on recent events, re Wine & Drugs, Ravello

Have been in contact with both the Ravello Tourist Office

and the offices of Mail Boxes Etc about the misrepresentation

of shipping charges. Do not expect any particular to happen,

but best to flag these things even if it prevents just one

person from being subjected to such events.

Cheltscribe

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

Can you please provide me with the contact information so I can lodge my formal complaint as well.

Many thanks

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: do not have anything shipped from wine & drugs ravello

I TOTALLY AGREE... he had us tasting really expensive wines and when we asked if he had anything similar that was less expensive, he had us try a Sondraia which he quoted us $85E. After tasting 2007 Antinori Tignanello Sangiovese and others which we knew were higher end, we ended up buying the Sondraia, only to find out that it's $39 USD at home :(

He was nice and had us try a lot which we thought was part of the deal, but i'm so upset he scammed us...

Would NOT recommend going in there and getting roped into buying some OVER-priced wines that you can buy at home for MUCH cheaper and you dont have to SCHLEP!