We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cimbrone & Rufolo

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Cimbrone & Rufolo

I have a litte more time in Amalfi than I thought I would be and am wondering if it is possible to easily visit the gardens of both Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo in an afternoon?

Also, where might I find a bus schedule from Amalfi to Ravello and return? Is it the SITA bus schedule?

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Yes and Yes.

Villa Cimbrone is where Earth kisses Heaven.

Villa Rufolo is magical.

There are hourly SITA buses to and from Amalfi, until past midnight.

www.sitabus.it

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Highly recommend both. Of the two, Villa Cimbrone was my favourite. Upon entry you are provided a small map. Make sure you see everything in the beautiful gardens, not just the Belvedere of Infinity. Villa Rufolo is also beautiful. You don't mention when your are visiting, hopefully the gardens will be planted and in full bloom.

Both have entrance fees (6E and 5E respectively I believe) and both are well worth it.

Try and get to Ravello early before the tour buses arrive.

Enjoy!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,626 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Give Ravello more time and also enjoy a concert!

http://www.ravelloarts.org/rcs/index.php

Vagabonda

Hunter Valley NSW...
Level Contributor
153 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Just the bus ride from Amalfi to Ravello is quite and adventure and worth it even if you do nothing else. Those narrow windy steep roads with those big buses just zipping along them.

We caught the bus to Ravello from the stop near the red big bus tour booth (near the car park). When you get off at Ravello there is a board with the bus schedule on it for return trips to Amalfi.

Spectacular views from Ravello but quite misty the day we were there (very late May).

We were tossing up between Ravello or catching the ferry to the last town (can't remember the name?) to fill in our last day. We made a good choice

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

When I get to Ravello on the bus is it simple to walk to the gardens or should I consider another bus or a taxi? I am a young, fit person.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,626 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Ravello is pedestrian – You’ll be walking the narrow lanes….

Vagabonda

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Your only option, I believe, is walking as there are no cars or buses within Ravello.

Villa Ruffalo is just to your left when you walk through the tunnel after getting off the bus - nor more than 5 minutes. Villa Cimbrone is about a 10 minute walk with stairs, not steep. Nice views along the path. Very doable.

Enjoy!

Camden, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Both are excellent, easy to walk to, with fantastic views. You will not regret seeing both.

Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

hello vagabonda. We are headed to amalfi in june. Do you recommend the concerts. I would love to take in an outdoor concert in Ravello. I guess after the concert I would have to walk down the hill. Could be tuff.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,626 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cimbrone & Rufolo

Ciao ge0man,

Pre-arrange a taxi, but I would highly recommend a concert – Sheer magic in already magically Ravello!

Vagabonda