We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I go to Capri?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Should I go to Capri?

Staying in Ravello for 4 days at the Sasso... is it worth going to Capri for a day? Most I ask, say it's hectic for only a day. Does anyone know the schedule and if so... what should I fit in my day?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I go to Capri?

Only if it appeals to you - and there are things there you wish to explore. It is a lovely place and it is easy to get away from the hordes of daytrippers - but, whether it is worth it to you is hard to say.

www.capri.net

Has info about what there is to do and see as well as boat schedules from Amalfi to and from Capri.

With just 4 days though on the AC, I might suggest just enjoying the coast that you are on -

New York
Level Contributor
499 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I go to Capri?

I would also say it depends on the weather, too. If it is hot and humid I would not go but if it is a beautiful day you may want to go and experience Capri. We've stayed there a few nights a couple times but last year was the first time we took the boat from Amalfi for the day and felt it was worth the trip. Had a nice lunch and walked around as much as we could. It is a beautiful place to see. Been to Ravello and stayed two nights and thought that was enough to see everything there.

New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I go to Capri?

Why not make it part of a boat tour of the coast? Many are offered and give you a four hour stop in Capri. Much better to see the coast from the water in summer. Check out http://www.lasibilla.org/english.html

4. Re: Should I go to Capri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:41