We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almafi coast in November - Ravello?

Which Ravello hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stuttgart, Germany
10 posts
Save Topic
Almafi coast in November - Ravello?

Hi,

I am trying to decide where to go for 4 or 5 nights in late November. Thinking Sicily or the Almafi Coast. Any recommendations or suggestions on either. Is Ravello easy to get to? Is there enough to do for that amount of time? Thank you eveyone for any help you can give us.

Leigh Ann

Ravello, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Almafi coast in November - Ravello?

Ravello is one of the less stressful towns on the Amalfi Coast. It does get alot of visitors during the summer months however it would be a lot quieter in November. Its an ideal time to walk as the temperature is cool.

There are many things to do including visiting Villa Rufolo, Villa Cimbrone, the 11C Duomo (main church), walks to nearby towns, day trips to Amalfi, Positano, etc could keep you occupied for 4 nights easily. You could also pass some time enjoying a coffee or drink in the main square watching the locals. The views around Ravello are superb. Many hotels and restaurants have terraces overlooking the bay of Salerno.

Buses for Ravello go from Amalfi. There are buses from Naples, Sorento and Salerno to Amalfi. The bus company web site http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/# and then tables 5100 & 5110 for most relevant.

Some other sites for local info: www.ravellotime.it and www.ravelloarts.org

Hope you have a great time

John

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almafi coast in November - Ravello?

We have just returned from Ravello and would certainly recommend it. We stayed in the Hotel Villa Fraulo which was excellent.

The temperature was around 80F so I would imagine it would still be quite pleasant in late November.

We hired a taxi from Naples Airport and took in Pompeii on the way to the hotel. I would recommend the following taxi company:

Tour of Italy

Tel.: +39 3387306575 +39 3335226029 E-mail: giancarlogargiulo@live.it

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almafi coast in November - Ravello?

We are arriving in Naples 14/11/12, then onto Sorrento 16/11/12, then to Ravello 16/11-19/11/12, then Salerno.

I know the weather will have turned cooler, what should i expect? Also , we want to do a boat cruise along the Amalfi to Capri, and was wondering would it be better to do this out of Naples as we are there 2 nights or out of Ravello as we are staying there 2 nights also? Any recommendations for a company to use for the boat charter would be excellent.

cheers

Deanne

4. Re: Almafi coast in November - Ravello?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:16