We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in Ravello

Centreville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
wedding in Ravello

Any of you organize wedding on your own in Ravello from

abroad?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: wedding in Ravello

Oh my goodness. Your wedding looks simply wonderful. Well done you, and your fantastic organizers. Just love it.

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: wedding in Ravello

To answer the question in this post: anything is possible, but leveraging a wedding planner to plan a wedding abroad is probably the BEST $$$ I've spent on my entire wedding. I'd sooner spend it on that then over-spending on flowers. The biggest challenge in my opinion is lack of relationships that you have with the hotels/vendors/services in the Amalfi Coast. Some don't speak English well and some may not go the extra mile when you need it. But if these vendors have worked with your wedding planner before and they love them, you will see amazing things happen at your wedding. That's EXACTLY what I experienced with the Amalfi Experience. All the vendors we selected LOVE working with Jacquie and Kim...which translates into HUGE BENEFITS for me.

I think it's misleading to say 'save other brides from the same nightmare'. For every negative post about them, there are thousands of positive posts and customers of the Amalfi Experience. Planning a wedding abroad is not easy. The company you select is going to be your best friend for the next 1+ years. You should be very detailed and diligent about this selection process. I was...here is my experience:

I started working with Jacquie and Kim in Jan 2012 and I just had the most spectacular wedding w/ 90 guests (majority coming from the west coast of the US) in June 2013 at Hotel Santa Caterina. Not only the wedding day, they also handled our all day boat activity, rehearsal dinner, and morning after brunch. The Amalfi Experience EXCEEDED my expectations beyond my comprehension. When selecting a wedding planner , it's important to take the time to assess what is important to you...and be specific about that. When I went on my hunt, I interviewed a few people...but in the end I selected the Amalfi Experience for the following reasons: their relationships with vendors on the coast is stronger than any other wedding planner there, they are ridiculously organized and ensure all details are covered, they communicate extremely well responding to my inquiries consistently or if they are busy with other weddings they make sure to COMMUNICATE that in advance setting my expectation, they have extensive experience in wedding planning (what worked and what didn't work), and they are open to trying ANYTHING that hasn't been done before. Last but not least, they live there and are there in person the entire time (not sending out assistants to do their job). These are the things that were important to me. Your list may be different.

I understand vendors don't work out for every customer and this is not exclusive to wedding planning only, but I wanted to share my experience because it was nothing short of RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING with the Amalfi Experience! Jacquie/Kim - You two are incredible. I look forward to calling you to plan Kedric and my wedding anniversary!!!

23. Re: wedding in Ravello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16