We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

Hi All - Heading to Ravello for a wedding in late July next year with our 2 children (12 & 14). Firstly we're looking for recommendations for accomodation either hotel or apartment etc.not too fussy. Not looking to pay thousands but happy to pay reasonable sum for say 4 nights. Not knowing the area at all I'm wondering what to do for the following 2 weeks for summer holiday with the children. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Willing to drive and/or fly internally if necessary but just looking to get the best possible holiday and keep the kids entertained. Thanks.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

If you like history, great food and beaches you can go to Sicily. Ask in Sicily forum and Vagabonda will help you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,607 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

Bit of info re: Ravello - http://www.positano.com/en/p/ravello-4 (including way to check lodging)

It will be expensive most likely - it is high season and the area is extremely (extremely) crazy popular then and pricey.

Ravello is the one Amalfi Coast village high above the sea - about a 20-30 minute ride up the mountain from the village of Amalfi, which is down on the coast.

Sicily does sound like a nice option - Are you looking for a purely seaside 2 week holiday or do you want cities, countryside, lakes, islands, etc?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

Thanks Tabata - Sicily was somewhat in my head but now I have a reference to check with. Much appreciated.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

HI Momcat. We're not big sit at the beach all day kind of people - can probably stick it for a couple of hours a day but need other things to do also. We like to explore, walk, see the culture etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,607 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

Italy is a huge country and you have countless choices to what you say you would like to do - I suggest starting out with a good guidebook - you have plenty of time to plan.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
65 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

You should definitely check the "Cas Vacance Vittoria". It is great for families plus you get your own kitchen and laundry room. And breakfast is included. I stayed there with my mother and bridesmaid on the night before my wedding and we couldn't beleive the size of the place! It is not sophisticated but it is charming, spacious, cheap and has an excellent location.

7. Re: Ravello Accomodation July14 family of 4 and holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 05:19