We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Ravello Concerts June 2014

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
The Ravello Concerts June 2014

Hello,

We wil be staying on the Amalfi Coast somewhere (probably Praiano) in mid June 2014. I have heard that the concerts in Ravello at this time of year are amazing. I know absolutely nothing about classical music unfortunately, so I wondered if anyone could recommend a night of concerts in particular out of:

1706.Sunday 15 June 2014, 21.30

RAVELLO - Villa Rufolo

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)

The violin sonatas II/4

ALINA MARIA TASLAVAN violin

GIANLUCA DI DONATO piano

Sonata K.301, Sonata K.481, Sonata K.302, Sonata K.306

1707.Monday 16 June 2014, 21.30

RAVELLO - Villa Rufolo

CARLO COPPOLA violin

LUCA MENNELLA piano

W.A. Mozart: Sonata K.379

L. van Beethoven: Sonata n.1 op.12 n.1

Sonata n.2 op.12 n.2, Sonata n.3 op.12 n.3

1708.Wednesday 18 June 2014, 21.30

RAVELLO - Villa Rufolo

JAZZ CONTAMINATIONS

MICHELE SGARAMELLA piano recital

S. Barber: Excursions op.20, Hesitation Tango op.28

A. Piazzola: Milonga del Angel, Tango Rhapsody

F. Say: Variazioni in jazz style su un tema di Paganini

N. Kapustin: Jazz variations op.41, Studi da concerto op.40

Keeping in mind we are novices :) I'm sure they will all be beautiful, but if any of them are particularly notable please let me know!

Also - the concerts are at 9:30 at night, and will presumably go until about midnight. How easy will it be to get back to Praiano after this?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,334 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Ravello Concerts June 2014

I'm not a fan of jazz, so I would choose the Sunday or Monday concerts with Mozart and Beethoven. You will probably have to take a taxi back to Praiano as we did. They're not cheap. You might want to contact some of the taxi companies listed on the Ravello concerts website to get a quote. We used DriveAmalfi, driveamalfi@hotmail.com Go early and eat dinner in Ravello.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Ravello Concerts June 2014

Well I would choose Jazz over classical, so I would choose the Wednesday concert. Sorry Jerry! :-)

Yes, you will need to prearrange a driver to get back to Praiano after the concert.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Ravello Concerts June 2014

I'm a jazz hound - but, it depends on your personal tastes. You could listen to excerpts on youtube of the other pieces to see if you might like them - between classical and jazz, it seems like two different planets to me and not something one person can advise another. Music is very personal. Anyway, that is what I would do if I was not familiar with a particular piece of music.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Ravello Concerts June 2014

I cannot find the May live music schedule beyond may 18 on the website; how do I access the end-of-May And June schedule?

5. Re: The Ravello Concerts June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17