We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

Which Ravello hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

Hello,

We are planning an early September trip (2 nights in Naples, 3 nights most likely in Positano, and thinking 3 nights in Ravello). Our flight out of Naples airport is at 6:30 am. Are there private drivers who can take us to the airport at 3 am (or earlier) if need be from Ravello? Is that doable at that hour? I don't mind leaving early in the morning. Just want to ensure it's feasible.

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

If you are flying back to the states, you would need to be at the Naples airport a minimum of 2.5 hours pre-departure time.

From Ravello, it will take approximately (at that hour I highly doubt there will be traffic but there could be road works or some other thing that causes a delay but your driver will be able to best advise you at the time if there is any such problem - In any case - approximate time from Ravello would be about 2.25 hours to Naples - could be more

Oh, wait - just remembered, I believe there is a more efficient inland route (Via Sambuco) to Naples which would take less time - again, confirm with your car service.

I always use Guemar Travel - you could email and ask them your questions info@guemartravel.com - I've used them about 8 times, always great service, terrific/safe drivers. Their reviews here: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=guemar+travel+tripadvisor&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I admit to being squeamish about stuff like this and wouldn't take this risk - IF is for an international (expensive) flight - I always like to spend the night before in the city from which I am flying but that is all up to everyone's own personal risk levels -

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

I have departed the AC for an early international flight before, I think ours was about 8am. It's not ideal but if sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Why don't you have your 2 night stay in Naples at the end instead of the beginning? That's what I would do. If you arrive in Naples after a long international flight you're going to be tired anyway that day. Might as well get your major commute out of the way. And if you're using private transfer the views out of Naples to the AC will give you an energy boost (assuming its daylight hours). Then you have a much more pleasant end & exit already being in your departure city.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

The proprietors of your Ravello hotel (and fellow guests) will love you for leaving in the dead of night. I agree with the previous posting to invert the sequence of nights and spend the tail end of your trip in Naples. That is also a "safer" plan, since it avoids the remote possibility of something going sideways on your nocturnal ride from Ravello to NAP.

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

Thank you! Hadn't thought about reversing the trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,534 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

Definitely the best plan; I wasn't sure whether you would be able to change your reservations though.

Good luck.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

There is indeed an inland route back to Naples over the hills and this is the preferred route and it should not take any more than 1hour 40 minutes, but if it is possible to change your reservations so that your last stay is in Naples this would certainly be the best plan and your itinerary sounds perfect.

7. Re: Ravello to Naples airport- early flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:16