We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Ski Lesson Help

Which Sauze d'Oulx hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Private Ski Lesson Help

I have been trying to hire a private ski instructor. We are not there long enough to join a group lesson - schools all told me they were 6 days. All 3 ski schools have informed me they have no instructor available for private lessons ... they have specifically told me that " we might have someone if we can't fill a group. "

I had contacted the 3 schools BEFORE they even opened for the season and nobody told me there might be a problem. Actually each one told me no problem, yes we can do private for your dates, just call back when we officially open. So I went ahead and made travel plans only to find out that isn't the case.

So IF anyone might know of a ski instructor, please let me know!

Notts UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

Hi There

Im was thinking about doing the same as my partner is a beginner and we are intermediate and alo we arrive saturday and want to strt sking that day but all lessons start on mondays, so annoying. Would you mind advising me which companies you tried and are they all the companies that do it...Also out of interest what dates are you travelling?

Many Thanks Hopefully we get sorted

Vickie

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

Have you tried to contact the local tourist office?

http://www.visitsauzedoulx.it/en/

They usually have a list of private instructors.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

We're there in January, but only for 4 nights, skiing 2 days. The schools I have contacted (via email & phone) are: Scuola sci Sauze d’Oulx ,Scuola sci Sauze Sportinia. & Sauze Project. To the best of my knowledge, those listed are the only ones for skiing.

We're in France for an extended period of time - I could have easily booked a ski trip there or gone back skiing in Switzerland. Instead I believed what they told me here, booked / paid for our trip (train & hotel nonrefundable) only to learn otherwise.

And to be clear - I get why they would want groups, it adds up to a lot more money. What I don't understand is why they don't have at least a few instructors slotted for private morning OR why they couldn't be upfront / truthful from the beginning. Never the less, it is poor business practice - although I'm not sure they really care.

Notts UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

Many Thanks

Thats not good is it I dont get it either.

I may be able to help, Ive been sorting my holiday out and asked about private lessons and was given the option of going with a man called Andrea. I dont have the details as was doing it through the travel company the cost is 39 euros per hour, if you would like me to see if I can get his details let me know

Kind Reagrds

Vuckie

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

long4auss / vickie - IF you could message me any details, I would certainly appreciate it!!

Tabata_1973 - I did email them and haven't heard anything in reply.

Edited: 16 December 2013, 14:58
Notts UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

Hiya

Im still waiting on the company to give me a name, as they have been contacting them direct. Soon as I have I will email you

Regards

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

The hotel or apartment you've booked with will have a list of private ski instructors so I would contact them.

8. Re: Private Ski Lesson Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sauze d'Oulx
Recent Conversations