We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

Ciao!

We are travelling to San Benedetto around the 24th July 09. We are a little concerned about the recent earthquake in L'Aquilla. Has there been any problems in the area close to San Benedetto?

Italy - Udine
Level Contributor
180 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

i think in san benedetto don't are risks, because the earthquake can happen in the montains, not in the coast...in the hotel of the coast staying many displaced people because they are safe!

here a seismic risk map

…ingv.it/mappa_ps_apr04/italia.html

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

Agnese, grazie for your information. As we like to travel around and visit interesting historic places, I was wondering if any of the villages and towns of interest are okay and whether we will still be able to visit them?

Italy - Udine
Level Contributor
180 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

was specifically asked to the curios about not to go in the place affected by the earthquake, for not disturb workers for the reconstruction...

Teramo
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

I was recently in the area and there is little to no damage in/around San Benedetto del Tronto. My favorite place to visit is Controguerra (http://controguerra.wordpress.com) well known for fantastic wines and its hemp museum.

5. Re: Recent earthquakes in Abruzzo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about San Benedetto Del...
More San Benedetto Del Tronto Topics