We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best airport to travel to?

midlands
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best airport to travel to?

i'm thinking of visiting san benedetto del tronto and i wondered which airport would be best to use? i'm based in the uk and it seems that pescara and ancona are roughly the same distance away. does anyone have any ideas on which airport has more regular trains running into the resort please?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best airport to travel to?

Trains Pescara, Ancona and Rome Termini to San Benedetto del Tronto www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times.

www.ryanair.com fly East Midlands Airport to Rome Ciampino Airport, bus Ciampino to Rome Termini www.sitbusshuttle.com

www.ryanair.com fly London Stansted to Ancona and Abuzzo (Pescara) airports

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best airport to travel to?

I guess Pescara has quicker airport-train station connections.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,829 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best airport to travel to?

From parts of the north midlands it might be easier and cheaper to get a Ryanair flight from Manchester to Bologna rather than travel to a London airport..

Although San Benedetto is three hours from Bologna by train, there are direct Intercity trains which cost only €30.50 on the day and from €9 in advance.

midlands
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best airport to travel to?

thank you for your replies :) i will look into the routes mentioned to find the best prices and times :)

5. Re: best airport to travel to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about San Benedetto Del...