We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Nice airport to Sanremo

Which Sanremo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Nice airport to Sanremo

Hi

I'm traveling from Nice airport to Sanremo on Friday with my 10 year old. We'll have very little luggage. Would anyone be able to tell me whether it's easier/cheaper/faster to go from Nice St Augustin station or Nice Ville station and give me an idea of times and prices, and also whether we'd be better off taking the train or the bus from Ventimiglia to Sanremo (we're going to a b&b in Via Pietro Agosti).

Thanks!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,559 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Nice airport to Sanremo

it's cheaper and possibly faster to walk to Nice St Augustin station, it's easier to get the 99 express bus from either terminal direct to Nice Ville station for €6, from where it's €7.10 to Ventimiglia. Fare from St Augustin is a little more, but nowhere near €6 more.

It's cheaper to get the bus to San Remo (€1.50 each from the train station bar, but €2.50 on the bus) and it gets you nearer to Via Agosto especially if you get off the stop before the terminus. Train is faster if the connection is good - €2.70 on Regional trains and fifteen minutes, whereas the bus takes 40 minutes (longer if there are traffic problems) but is more frequent - every fifteen minutes during the day, though less frequent on Sundays.

French train times …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/fh_4_site_…

italian train times - www.trenitalia.com - click the UK flag for English and enter the 'hour' of departure e.g. '13' for 13.00.

Bus times rivieratrasporti.it/OrarioEstivo2013_Tasc_Ve…

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Nice airport to Sanremo

Thank you for that info! It's really helpful.

Louise

3. Re: Travel from Nice airport to Sanremo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19